Anybody do workout while brewing?

JohnAdam

Trial Member
Reaction score
There's no getting around it, I'm getting fat. Sitting in the truck all day doesn't really help it either, add love for beer and bam, forget a sixpack I got the whole barrel.
more: mỹ đình plaza 2, dự án pcc1 triều khúc
I don't have much free time nowadays and when I'm brewing there's two hours to kill without much to do (gas burner inside the garage, I won't leave it off my sight) so figured out if I'd start exercising while mashing and boiling. Nothing major just a pair of dumbbells to do biceps, a brromstick to ooen up those shoulders, some situps against the motorbike lifter etc. The problem is I don't know the first thing about weightlifting and don't want to hurt myself so I guess the first question would be what kind of weights to start with? I suppose 5kg would be enough for now? Not looking to get ripped really but I must confess I would like to have enough "guns" that people would notice. And also i want to get rid of this hemisferic orb where my abs should be. Already cutting ot junkfood and candy but I suppose it won't be enough if I don't burn the flabby stuff off.
more: chung cư iris garden mỹ đình
Also will be starting to MTB again as soon as the trails behind our house thaw out.

Thoughts and tips welcome.

Last edited:
You could definitely do some workout in the spare minutes during brewing. If you do not know how to workout, try to do some research as you will find many guides and people willing to share information, especially on Youtube. Or get a gym membership for a month and get a training routine in place with the help of the gym empleoyess, which will design a training schedule to fit your need. Then, when you have learnt enough to do it yourself, just start doing it on your own at home.

You do not need to lift heavy weights, but low to medium and you need to do it regularly. Any health conditions should be taken into consideration before starting to lift weights and train different areas/muscles.

Cardio and low to medium intensity training will do a lot of good. You mention bicycle: that is a wonderful idea, I self employ when need to transport myself places, even to the pub once in a while.

But more importantly, is the food. The food you ingest, when, why, how, where and what. This is like 80-90% of what healthy means and food will get you slimmer, fitter, will help you develop and maintain a healthy attitude towards life, work, etc.

Eating the right food at the right time for the right reasons, is most important. It is also the thing that will make you lose weight the most.

Sounds silly, but get an app for your smartphone that register your daily activity. I got one some year ago and it keeps me reminded of the importance of being active. Set up a goal, like 10000 steps, for a day. Having the app in your face and seeing how little active you are forces you to challenge yourself.

Running is good if you can bear it.
Ive got a gym membership but hardly ever go but must admit it gives you a great buzz afterwards! Nothing.like those good feeling endorphins eh?

Healthy life beer balance is what its all about. As a cook once told me you gotta put in what you put out... if that makes any sence

I had a hard time finding time to go to the gym so I set up a little gym in the basement. You don't have to spend fistfuls of money. Especially if you're not sure if you will stick with it. A spin bike or treadmill can be excellent for cardio, and you can generally find either at great prices from individuals who had great ambitions but couldn't live up to their New Years resolutions...
I agree with the above. Simple things like a an activity tracker and a phone app (I use myfitnesspal and fitbit) to track activities and food intake.
Learn how to eat and drink properly and you can lose weight, eat healthy, and drink alcohol. Generally speaking, it's not the beer making you fat, but the shitty foods you put in your mouth when you've had a couple drinks and start losing your wits. Learn how to count calories. Especially your macros, and balance them out so you can indulge in a beer or two. The first things that will bun are the alcohol cals. Balance out your fat and carb intake for the day to account for the alcohol, and you won't be depriving yourself. Of course moderation is usually key! As your body does need good fat and good carbs to survive in a healthy state.
I lift heavy (strength train) 3x a week with cardio 2-3x. If you don't want to spend a bunch of money, walk. Use your dumbells. There are plenty of full body workouts you can do with just dumbells, and I'm of the opinion, anything you do is better than nothing! You'd be surprised what you can do to get healthy rather quickly. If weight loss is a goal, do it slowly. Don't starve yourself. Your body can't sustain that for long.

Truth be told, weight loss is rather simple. Eat less calories than you burn. You don't need fancy drinks or powders or gimmicks.
If you want to be healthy. Lose weight and add in exercise. Neither cost a dime.

Last edited:
I run into the same issue, I work out but I get crazy bored doing it so I play hockey twice a week most of the year. I need to add some cardio in at the gym as well as some strength training but I jacked my wrist up a couple weeks ago so I'm off strength training til the new year.

I do taekwondo. First exercise program I've found that didn't bore me to tears.

Truth be told, weight loss is rather simple. Eat less calories than you burn. You don't need fancy drinks or powders or gimmicks.
If you want to be healthy. Lose weight and add in exercise. Neither cost a dime.
cut out sugar and soda all together and you lose weight immediately

You're girlfriend must be pretty disappointed.

I lift my arm up and down and wipe my mouth, that glass gets heavy that’s my exercise

Thunderwagn pretty much hit the nail on the head. I have been a circus performer for all of my professional life, acrobatics at first but mostly trapeze. The training is pretty tough but all that is needed is a pull up bar and your own body weight. Weights can be very useful to isolate particular muscles but you can achieve the same results without them.

It would be good for you to read up on the subject especially regarding warm ups, cool downs and stretching, you don't want to be creating an inballance in your body. One channel on youtube I have found to be particularly good is Athlean X, He covers an awful lot and while he is selling various courses, his free video's provide a huge amount of information. Including good nutrition and how to add it into your lifestyle easily.

I'll admit though, most of my own training these days involves chopping wood and construction, lol. I'm not in the air anymore and circus don't pay like it used to.

Back