water Calculator

gmull70

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am somewhat new to using the water calculator. my question regards doubling the recipe. when i go from 5 to 10 gallon i just double all the ingredients would that also be the same when it comes to the acid,gypsum and calcium chloride.

in the recipe editor, you would just click edit recipe tools and scale, set it for the final amount in your kettle or fermenter and it increases the recipe for you. as for the water calculators that only works properly if you've set up your profile right, when done you can go to recipe tools quick water requirements and based on your profile and the recipe you’re in it will give you the correct water, the independent calculators are not tied into the site in any way

The simple answer is, yes — if you are doubling the amount of water you are treating. Doing that will yield you the same water profile.

As an aside - and as you may know - it’s important that you enter in the Brewing Water Treatment section the profile of your source water. Adding salts & acids without that entered, or at least somehow taken into account in your brewing water calculations, would be a shot-in-the-dark, senseless approach to brewing water treatment.

Back