Other hobbies

I reload match grade ammo, for long range shooting. I bar b q, and cook. I occassionally carve and build small coo coo clocks

How much for a cuckoo clock? That’d be a heck of a conversation piece!

How much for a cuckoo clock? That’d be a heck of a conversation piece!

I made them as gifts, and have not built one in years, they do make a good conversation piece, and it takes a long planning and building process, you could get a kit now, not sure how good, and accurate at keeping time.

I made them as gifts, and have not built one in years, they do make a good conversation piece, and it takes a long planning and building process, you could get a kit now, not sure how good, and accurate at keeping time.
Left mine in Kentucky. And it's a genuine Black Forest version!

What else do you like to do besides brew your own beer?

About a year ago, when we were on vacation to our favorite place on earth, my son tripped over a geocache while we were hiking. He knew what it was, and I have a friend who tried to get me into it. So I downloaded the app, and we geocached the rest of the time while we were on vacation. A year later, I have about 125 finds. So I don't do it a lot, but it's a great reason to get the Vette out on a sunny day.

That sounds cool! I'm not interested in hiking but I adore travelling in general so your story looks like really cool experience for me :) Travelling is an awesome activity for me, I've been already to many countries but my favourites ones are Germany, Norway, Spain, Estonia, Greece and Japan. I also want to visit China, Italy and Romania in the near future, however they're definetely won't be the last ones in my big list :D
I also adore cooking and baking, drawing and wood modeling https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1469570445/wood-trick-0 , all of them are such creative activities for me together with beer brewing, I feel always so glad and relax when I'm making smth from these things. I like fishing too, also sport, especially football, tennis and golf, playing in them with my friends is so cool and fun at the same time. Good rock music is my another passion too, I collect CDs with music of my fav bands and attend to their concerts rather often too. And reading, I got love for this in my childhood years and it's still one of my favourite hobbies, however while aging it becomes more difficult for me to find a really original book :D

Here’s my first crack at making pancetta, basically Italian bacon. It cured for a week and a half with various herbs and spices. Now it hangs in the basement for 3 weeks.

Attachments

• 88DA7099-9CC2-410A-8D99-4C00B39DC6A2.jpeg
    88DA7099-9CC2-410A-8D99-4C00B39DC6A2.jpeg
    570 KB · Views: 234
Here’s how the pancetta turned out. It only had to hang 2 weeks, not 3. We tried some, thin sliced, added to our gyros tonight. I’m sold! It’s quite savory.

Attachments

• 6DE5D2D2-E7A3-40F3-90FB-31F134E9D9F0.jpeg
    6DE5D2D2-E7A3-40F3-90FB-31F134E9D9F0.jpeg
    522.8 KB · Views: 141
Here’s how the pancetta turned out. It only had to hang 2 weeks, not 3. We tried some, thin sliced, added to our gyros tonight. I’m sold! It’s quite savory.
Looks the goods Jeff pricey stuff at the store us all i know about that stuff.

I’ve never had it before. I’ve never even seen it in the grocery. Not that I do my own grocery shopping! My wife does that.

I wrench motorbikes and ride them when the weather cooperates as my other primary hobby. Anything that lets me not sit in front of a computer which is my day job.

This is my version of smoked sausage. It’s inspired by a Washington DC regional sausage called a half-smoked, specifically at Big Ben’s Chili Bowl. My daughter and I flew to DC for a day trip to sight see a couple months ago, and discovered that delicacy at that particular restaurant.

I’ve never cold smoked before. The cabinet temperature never exceeded 50°F. I had the sausages hanging in there for 6 hours. I think these will go quick!

Attachments

• 413157D7-A31D-4868-878A-0B39544B9F92.jpeg
    413157D7-A31D-4868-878A-0B39544B9F92.jpeg
    647.5 KB · Views: 131
This is my version of smoked sausage. It’s inspired by a Washington DC regional sausage called a half-smoked, specifically at Big Ben’s Chili Bowl. My daughter and I flew to DC for a day trip to sight see a couple months ago, and discovered that delicacy at that particular restaurant.

I’ve never cold smoked before. The cabinet temperature never exceeded 50°F. I had the sausages hanging in there for 6 hours. I think these will go quick!
Nothing like bangers and mash with some good gravy and a malty beverage to go with. Looks pro Jeffpn you sure do delve into all sorts of food based crafts.

Thanks. I bought a 20 squirrel meat mixer yesterday at Cabelas. They also had a 24 rack dehydrator that I was drooling all over. I got my calculator out to see see how many of my standard 15 lb batches of jerky I could fit in there. It was a bit over 3, if I recall. Then I started to figure out how much I’d have to sell it for in order to make a worthwhile profit. Fantasizing about a sausage and jerky store!

Thanks. I bought a 20 squirrel meat mixer yesterday at Cabelas. They also had a 24 rack dehydrator that I was drooling all over. I got my calculator out to see see how many of my standard 15 lb batches of jerky I could fit in there. It was a bit over 3, if I recall. Then I started to figure out how much I’d have to sell it for in order to make a worthwhile profit. Fantasizing about a sausage and jerky store!
Ah roll em all into one sausage jerky cheese and homebrew store. Do you do cheese?

A lot of Homebrew stores in Aus do beer wine spirits and cheese making kits.

Back