Lets catch some fish

Ive found that the 5 to 10 pound channel cats are better for eating than the big blue or flat heads, the bigger the cat the lass meat per pound you get but of coarse big flat heads are best for trophies, good luck either way

cats.jpg

Last edited:
forgot to report my last trip I caught a huge flathead that got away, I’ll explain I have noodle floats and 50-pound line fishing on the 10-foot flats just next to the 30-foot channel I saw the noodle go under went over and grabbed the line right as I pulled it out of the water the line broke, now that’s big, so if you see a big ugly face in the water with a lip ring, that’s my fish :D

forgot to report my last trip I caught a huge flathead that got away, I’ll explain I have noodle floats and 50-pound line fishing on the 10-foot flats just next to the 30-foot channel I saw the noodle go under went over and grabbed the line right as I pulled it out of the water the line broke, now that’s big, so if you see a big ugly face in the water with a lip ring, that’s my fish :D
Please explain what a noodle float is
ta

swimming noodles, those foam 5 foot noodles, when fishing for big fish you need a big float, but this is my set up, this is not me by the way, anyway I have a 5 pound weight then keeps the noodle from floating off when the fish takes the bait the noodle flips up and stays vertical

Attachments

• p1414682465.jpg
    p1414682465.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 128
the fish I lost was about this size

Attachments

• size0.jpg
    size0.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 126
catfish are 4" to 4 feet, flat heads get big, I prefer channel cat, most catfish will set on the bottom of a deep channel, 30 foot deep is common here and only come to shallow areas to feed on smaller fish, they are real hard to catch from a pool unless you drag the bottom with a special rig and a boat, sometimes they will run into a cave or rocky bluff under water breaking your line

I enjoy the changing seasons and seasonal beers!

20180830_165341_resized.jpg
my wife had a grip on this 2.5# rainbow last weekend after a great battle pulling it in. Made my 1.5# smalmouth just before she hooked this one look meager. Beautiful fish, was very tasty cooked in butter and seasoning at 300f on the pellet grill.

Back