Soda Making

That one that I posted before fits both posts for counter filling plastic bottles with beer.

Forgot to mention I also picked up a picnic tap, some hose, and another quick disconnect. Now my 5 gallon keg is a little more portable :D watch out world, here I come

image.jpeg
Today's fizzy soda. Juiced Beetroot, Apple, ginger, carrot, celery and lemon mmmm fruity and invigorating.

I think most of the recipes call for sugar. The one I made had 3/4 cup sugar, and the syrup made about 2 liters or so of soda. Not sure how that compares to regular soda. Seems low to me

turned out quite well, if a little under carbed. will definitely let the next one chill much longer before i hit it with the gas. i think the blackberry / lime would go quite nice with some brandy or rum

now to try that fizzy chocolate milk idea...

I tell ya what gives you an idea of the carbonic acid that enters into the brew beer wouldn't be half as nice without them bubbles especially lighter beers

turned out quite well, if a little under carbed. will definitely let the next one chill much longer before i hit it with the gas. i think the blackberry / lime would go quite nice with some brandy or rum

now to try that fizzy chocolate milk idea...
My method for maximum fizz at the moment is 30 psi 3/4 full soda bottle with brew of choice. gas it take off gas shake crap out of it till gas absorbs 10-20seconds then repeat this a few times and walla fizzy drink in less than a minute. I make sure it's as cold as possible too.

Reason I take it off the gas line is I can shake like crazy and don't need to worry about creating leaks on gas connections from erratic soda man shaking :p.

Oh and thanks again jmcnamara this is my crutch whilst taking a breather from drinking fizzy beer.

an even easier way is to buy a 2 litter bottle of carbonated water,;)

Carbing up a batch of blueberry brown sugar soda. The recipe had called for maple syrup. Didn't have that, so called an audible. I think it'll work out

Another one for rootbeer, my family adores it :)

Back