Home made pizza

For years I have been using this recipe for pizza dough http://www.finecooking.com/recipe/make-ahead-pizza-dough but with a small change. I replace the water and sugar in the recipe with an equal volume of sparge runnings. I used to adjust the SG to match that of the sugar/water from the recipe, but I haven't bothered doing this for a long time. This is easily the best pizza dough I have ever had.

made a nice 19" pizza last night, huge and everything on it I could find, so big and filling I could only eat 3 pieces, lightest and crispiest dough I’ve made, what I did different was I used all-purpose flour and sifted it then raised on the pan and aerated it before baking with my new spike roller

Attachments

• WP_20171111_16_25_12_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171111_16_25_12_Pro.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 164
  • WP_20171111_16_38_02_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171111_16_38_02_Pro.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 138
  • WP_20171111_17_21_25_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171111_17_21_25_Pro.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 149
Man, that looks absolutely delicious. Nice docking :D

Homemade pizza and homemade beer is a winning combination!

Homemade pizza and homemade beer is a winning combination!

The sausage and the pancetta are homemade. The crust is made with homebrew. Yeah, I got skin in this game!

Attachments

• 6CD4FBF7-8606-4E06-9AB3-372959FC6A2B.jpeg
    6CD4FBF7-8606-4E06-9AB3-372959FC6A2B.jpeg
    596.4 KB · Views: 151
pizza.jpg

It has been a while since I have made pizza, but I got a pizza stone for Christmas and had to try it out. I used the spage running recipe I wrote about earlier. 7 minutes at 550f on convection. Best pizza I have ever made.

I envy you guys that can eat pizza. It is a death sentence for me. No possible way to understand it as I can east flat breads, any type of tomato sauce, all sorts of cheeses and 99.99% of the toppings. Put them all together and I need a bottle of tums and six visits to the throne room.

My first job was also at a pizza place. Have enjoyed making dough from scratch for years. We like to make pizza and occasionally calzones. Sometimes in the oven sometimes on the grill.

mine too, it was fun times, we were able to make a free pizza a day for our bonus and I ate mine for my break and shared the rest

for the last 20 years I'v pretty much retained the same weight, give or take a month so its all good

just thought Id share my newest sauce recipe, its cheap and easy

My Pizza Sauce

Ingredients

• 1-12 oz can of tomato paste
• 1 1/2 cans of water
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder or flakes
(optional)
• 1/4 cup olive oil (optional)
• pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
• or 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)

Instructions
1. Combine water and paste in a bowl and mix well
2. Add spices and mix well
3. Cook in the microwave or on a stove, it should be thick soupy texture and coat the back of a spoon but thin enough
to spread easily on the pizza.

Yields 3 to 4 cups
The most you will need on a pizza is ½ to 1 cup so you can freeze the rest

My wife makes a nice beer crust. She's not a big anchovy fan, so we usually top our halves separately. Other times, like tonight we do it the lazy way. Got a DiGiorno Supreme and going to dress it up with some venison salami, italian sausage, extra cheese, black olives, garlic, olive oil and my anchovies on my half. Not as good as scratch, but still a treat considering we're on a very low carb diet and only cheat once a week.

My wife makes a nice beer crust. She's not a big anchovy fan, so we usually top our halves separately. Other times, like tonight we do it the lazy way. Got a DiGiorno Supreme and going to dress it up with some venison salami, italian sausage, extra cheese, black olives, garlic, olive oil and my anchovies on my half. Not as good as scratch, but still a treat considering we're on a very low carb diet and only cheat once a week.

Little cheat, no Big cheat, but I hear ya on the easy sleazy frozen pizza pumped up with good ingredients. Throw some home prepped deer sausage or pepperoni (venison won't ooze grease as does pork or beef) and extra cheese on it and it is very palatable. Not like from scratch but not bad at all and quick.

Back