Here by popular request- Editable Brew Steps!

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
From our FAQ:

Editable Brewing Steps
Our default brew steps are generated when you click the "brew" button and create a brew session. That works well for many brewers and we suggest you start there when using Brewer's Friend. Over time, you may find that you don't need to be told to "gather your equipment" or other steps that you don't use and you can delete those from the Brew Steps.

To customize your Brew Steps, log into your account and choose "my profile" in the "My Brewing" choice on the tool bar. Brew Steps is one of the choices in the boxes near the top of that screen. Click on that box. The brew steps are shown, in all grain steps, partial mash steps, BIAB steps, and extract steps. The chosen steps are shown with a green check mark. Check or uncheck the steps as desired. Click "apply" at the very bottom of this screen, by scrolling to the bottom. Your chosen steps will be the ones that show in your Brew Log and Brew Steps on your brewsheet.

Try it out, and let us know how you like it!

Please let me know what you think! We are discussing how to add more- like pH meter checks, and I'd love to see a few "free text" lines for my own personal steps that I do that others may not. But I'm happy to see that we've been able to implement this feature and it seems to be working well for me.

Agree'd... it's nice to be able to remove some of these. Some of them still say "example text:" in the front on the edit page. I suspect that's in error?

I'd be nice to be abel to add some custom steps... like "weigh out salts" vs just having "add salts". Or a custom step to preheat mash tun/water vs just the strike water.

I also have a step the night before where i weigh out my salts. The steps just have adding them... i like to have all my hops and salts weighed out.

One bonus suggestion would be to put some ETA/times around steps. Perhaps time left in brewday including cleanup vs time left before beer is drinkable due to kegging/conditioning/etc. I know my wife likes to ask me "how much longer" and i just look around and guess horribly wrong.

I love the ability to select which brew steps I see but I also agree that further customization would be a huge plus. I would like to add my own steps as well as customize others.

Back