Regular big orders of American HOPS to Europe

JakubEurope

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi, what's up.

We run a small brewery in central-eastern Europe. We've been searching for some new varieties of american hops. We would like to import them directly from the USA, especially that some other breweries would like to join us.

Eventually something like 5-10 tons of hops once a 2 months. Mostly the popular varaities in pellets (cascade, cintra, amarillo, chinook), but there is space for some new stuff. Possibly from different sources/farmers/organisations.

Could you guys be so kind to give any advice?
Whom to ask? What are the prizes per lbs/kg if we order so much (let's say at least 1000kg of each variety)?
Can we expect from the producer to pack the hops in specific bags/containers (let's say 5 or 10kg)?
Are there any particular farmers we should contact or there is just a chance of making the order (mix of varieties) via organisations like usahops.org?

Greatly appreciate in advance!

No worries, Brew Mentor. All he’s really doing is spamming for usahops.org.

Clever plan to hide his spam. Make it look like a question, pretend he’s someone else from another country, only to get his link out there in three different threads in one forum.

No idea. I’d have to google it. Try google dot com. Maybe you can find your answer there. Seems odd to me that you want to make regular big orders of hops, but you can’t do it without a homebrewer forum member’s help. I buy my hops by the ounce, not by the ton. A European small brewers association (since you claim to be one) would be a better source of information for you.

Last edited:
I'm with Jeff on this one, looks like spam to me...
Not sure about the rest of the country / europe, but at least around here (eastern part of germany), everyone knows everyone else and is pretty happy to share at least whatever info they have about suppliers and such. Most know getting a co-op together for importing ingredients is about the best thing a small brewery can do.
Considering how many craft breweries are popping up all over, with some really specializing in new hop varieties (e.g. Kehrwieder), I can't imagine it would be that hard to get some info from the "locals"...

PS...just saw it is supposedly for Poland. Everything above still applies. ;)

New member, first post triple posted across our forums the same link. If he’s not a spammer, it’s the first time in any forum anywhere that’s ever happened!!

Eventually something like 5-10 tons of hops once a 2 months.
Are you kidding me? A large brewery wouldn't use that many hops. Just enter in 1000 kilos in the quantity box and I'm sure they will be shipped the same day. No problem.

Are you kidding me? A large brewery wouldn't use that many hops. Just enter in 1000 kilos in the quantity box and I'm sure they will be shipped the same day. No problem.
I was meaning to do that math myself. How many barrels do you suppose they brew? You can really pack them in there when they’re fictitious!!

Could you at least tell me what are the avarage prices in orders like this?
I'm 100% positive that no one on this forum has ordered that much hops. I don't even know if breweries go through that much hops, let alone every 2 months.

Back