Speidel Fermenter

xx-griz-xx

Trial Member
Reaction score
Greetings. Was thinking of upgrading to a better fermentation device. I have read many good reviews on Speidel fermenter units. When using something like this, can you simply bleed off the dead yeast during the 1st fermentation so that you don't have to rack the batch into a 2nd unit? If not, is there a fermentation unit out there that you can ferment without having to rack batch into a 2nd unit? Getting tired of racking batch into a 2nd uni all the time. Thanks!

I use one and love it. But it's not a conical.
Greetings. Was thinking of upgrading to a better fermentation device. I have read many good reviews on Speidel fermenter units. When using something like this, can you simply bleed off the dead yeast during the 1st fermentation so that you don't have to rack the batch into a 2nd unit? If not, is there a fermentation unit out there that you can ferment without having to rack batch into a 2nd unit? Getting tired of racking batch into a 2nd uni all the time. Thanks!

who said you " had to rack " ? I use a single bucket type for every ferment and only racked my hop sludge RIPA due to wanting to do away with hop sludge and get clean bottles .
just how long are you leaving beer in a fermenter ?

I only ferment into a single glass carboy, never rack to a secondary and ferment for min 14days.

Back