New face from the land downunder

Nugnut

Trial Member
Reaction score
IMG_0098.JPG
Morning everyone.

I thought I should introduce myself.
I live on the east coast of Orstalia halfway between Brisbane and Sydney on a 12 acre macadamia far with 600 trees.I have been a brewer for a long time but I only brewed kit for a long time and I recently started partial and thought to myself, How good is this and how long has this been going on?

SoI have decided I would move into the BIAB and all grain area. I have been annoying Trialben over the last week for information.

At this stage the most important thing, (I think) fermentation temperature control, has been addressed and I was lucky enough to pick up a commercial beer fridge cheap as chips. I have now got it controlled with a STC1000 and this has reflected in a partial IPA which I think has been the best brew I have done. I have also been able to dedicate a fridge for cold crashing and although only a fridge, I found with the IPA that it gets to 0c.

Anyway that's about it for now. I currently have on tap a country Brewer IPA partial, a Morgans pale ale and a Coopers pale. Sitting in the cold crash is a Fat Yak extract and in the fermenting cabinet a Fat Yak extract. By the way I am a keggle with a dedicated fridge and 6 kegs. I am looking for a freezer now for additional storage.

That will be the end of those and I have a 40 litre keggle and a 10qt Igloo cooler so look out BIAB and all grain, her I come.

Regards all.

Thanks Mark.

Yes we are a bit lower near Macksville.

Byron Bay. The hippies love it, the yuppies hate the hippies and tourists, and I personally think it's overrated because of the hippies and the yuppies. I don't know if there are locals there anymore. Haha.

Onya nugnut! Welcome to the forums;)!
Plenty helpful more experience brewers here you can pick their brains more than willing to help you craft that delicious drop.

Welcome aboard. I am also doing BIAB. Love it.

Hello old bean,welcome.
I come from the land that is the proper way up:D

View attachment 1892
Morning everyone.

I thought I should introduce myself.
I live on the east coast of Orstalia halfway between Brisbane and Sydney on a 12 acre macadamia far with 600 trees.I have been a brewer for a long time but I only brewed kit for a long time and I recently started partial and thought to myself, How good is this and how long has this been going on?

SoI have decided I would move into the BIAB and all grain area. I have been annoying Trialben over the last week for information.

At this stage the most important thing, (I think) fermentation temperature control, has been addressed and I was lucky enough to pick up a commercial beer fridge cheap as chips. I have now got it controlled with a STC1000 and this has reflected in a partial IPA which I think has been the best brew I have done. I have also been able to dedicate a fridge for cold crashing and although only a fridge, I found with the IPA that it gets to 0c.

Anyway that's about it for now. I currently have on tap a country Brewer IPA partial, a Morgans pale ale and a Coopers pale. Sitting in the cold crash is a Fat Yak extract and in the fermenting cabinet a Fat Yak extract. By the way I am a keggle with a dedicated fridge and 6 kegs. I am looking for a freezer now for additional storage.

That will be the end of those and I have a 40 litre keggle and a 10qt Igloo cooler so look out BIAB and all grain, her I come.

Regards all.

Hello and welcome. I am new also and do not have a lot of experience but I have been playing like I ma brewing for a few years. Some beers or wines turn out ad some do not.

I have a Skype buddie down in Wonthaggi. Are you familiar with the city? He likes to drink it but he does not brew. We share notes about reloading ammo.

Glad you are here. Cheers.
rb

Last edited:

Back