(DONE) Sync brew sessions with cloud.

NewBier

Trial Member
Reaction score
Used the new app for the first time this weekend and loved it! Its a great offline tool if you live in a poor broadband area. The timers work really well and jumping back to the recipie view very smooth.
The only thing I cant figure out is how to sync my brew session with the cloud so that I can change my inventory automatically. Is there any way to do that?

2 things I've love added would be 1. an alarm on the timers when they complete and 2. inventory view for when I'm in a hombrew shop. Loving the new app though!

Re: Sync brew sessions with cloud.

Brew session sync is well underway. Will be in the next release!

Aaaah...that's okay. I thought I was missing something. Looking forward to next version. My broadband has been really flukey the past few months and the offline tool is a life(& beer)saver.

NewBier said:
2 things I've love added would be 1. an alarm on the timers when they complete and 2. inventory view for when I'm in a hombrew shop. Loving the new app though!

#1 will also be added in the next release of the iPhone app which is coming up pretty soon.

Larry,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but my latest brew since the brew session sync upgrade, the brew session didn't sync by using either the "Release to sync" or "Sync now" options on the brew sessions list page. It did work perfectly when I pressed the sync now button on the recipe/brew session page however.

NewBier said:
Larry,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but my latest brew since the brew session sync upgrade, the brew session didn't sync by using either the "Release to sync" or "Sync now" options on the brew sessions list page. It did work perfectly when I pressed the sync now button on the recipe/brew session page however.

If you are on the brew session detail screen, there is a 'Syn Up' button, which pushes changes TO the cloud for that brew session only.

On the brew session listing screen you can swipe down, or scroll to the bottom and hit the sync down button which pulls FROM the cloud. In that case it pulls everything down and integrates any new brew logs, brew sessions, etc.

It is not a bi-directional sync, as this gets into too many corner cases. The arrow on the button indicates the sync direction. That might have been the issue. Also not sure about the 'release to sync' button you mention.

Aaah, now I get it. And it makes much more sense. Thanks a million.

Back