Cider

chub1

Trial Member
Reaction score
Anyone make hard/turbo cider?
Knocked up two small 4 litre batches,one apple one apple and blackberry using juice from concentrate and adding defrosted blackberries.Tested today and racked.Will bottle and add prime sugar when bottling.
Thinking of buying a juicer(not a press) as neighbours have a glut of eating apples which will just rot,adding some cooking apples and some black tea for tannin (as with turbo's) and having a go with them that way.
Not a great cider drinker but it's not bad on a hot day at a respectable abv:)

Youll be amazed just how much sugar (fructose) they have in them naturally.

I remember reafing up on pectins when nrewing ciders these cause haze issues i think a result of heating the cider wort too warm?

Good luck club1 interesting to see how it turns out.

The juicer i used was onr of them brevil juicers that trows the.pulp out one side and juice the other. Trying to sort out the pulp is the big key.

My two batches are not far off finishing.,have racked both and tested. Both should be around 5% so a reasonable abv.
Did a couple once before with sparkling wine yeast and they came out at over 8% and very very dry.
have used cider yeast this time and at present both have a decent flavour.

Bottled the plain apple today.Really clear and a very good taste. The mixed isn't quite finished,a couple of days yet but totally clear and a really nice colour:cool:.

Well looking forward to seeing it in the glass Club i aint done a cider in year i just love me beer to much to dedicate a keg to a batch of cider lol

Well looking forward to seeing it in the glass Club i aint done a cider in year i just love me beer to much to dedicate a keg to a batch of cider lol
Na,bottled it up,only 4 litres so will soon get drunk.Probably give most of it away!

Blackberry and apple bottled this morning. Some straight and some back sweetened a touch. Really nice colour and crystal clear

The other night I just bottled my Strawberry Cider. Already had 3 bottles do a volcano :eek: - I am thinking of washing the yeast from this batch of cider & use it in an Apple cider batch very shortly. Probably in the middle of Sept.

opened up an early apple only cider,very decent.Lovely and crystal clear,not overly carbed and a nice just dry taste.Used a cider yeast this time and much nicer,not so harsh and over dry.

Tried cider for first time w/ champagne yeast and it came out very dry. Won't win awards for it but I liked it. Have a cyser in bottles should be ready to drink soon. Dry hopped 3 different batches, two with beer yeast and one with champagne. Bottle one last night, the other two in the next few days. I like a cider sparkling so I add priming sugar.

Been away for a few days and cracked a blackberry and apple open tonight.Not bad,a little undercarbed,nice colour and sparkling clear.

Back