I brewed today!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Last minute brewing can have great results , i came up with an amber ale after surveying the malt and hops we had on hand that is going down very well with everyone whos tried it .
i may be biased but it's a 41-43 point beer and is entered for judging next weekend .

Right now I,m brewing a IPA, the unknown hops grew all over the outhouse my father built on the property I grew up on. Went up last week to visit my mother and the hops were ready (picked grapes and made wine as well).
My father died 25 years ago so I figured I would name the beer after him.
Wayne's ShitHouse I.Pee.Ale

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 116
Great story behind the beer and I raise my glass to the memory of your dad and his shithouse Ale!:D

I'm brewing my honey red ale today, things didn't go off to smooth my temp probe cables popped the soldier loose on 2 lines so I'm 2 hours behind but oh well I'm on vacation no sense in hurrying

Brewed quite a lot on last few weeks , Spring is finally coming back and it always makes me thirsty !
Put down a rye IPA , yet another APA and a clone of a commercial english style PA .
stewarded at state cup today was frankly surprised at the quality of many of the entrants ...well the mediocre ones far outweighed the good ones and the rubbish ones .

Saw the score sheets on entries i brewed that my ass. brewer entered and there's a few medals heading our way and feedback on where it can be improved

this is what like about my set up, Its hot out and I'm in the air conditioning and I don't really even have to watch it but I can through the window lol

WP_20170909_13_32_27_Pro.jpg

Looks good OZ ! i'm waiting for my new kettle to arrive , stepping up to 12 gal batches with a HERMS coil running in my current electric urn and gas for boil kettle / mash tun .
Now have to learn my system all over again so won't be walking away quite as much during a brewday for a while

allot more cleaning and lifting with this set up but the brewing part is all automatic, I'm never off on my numbers but yes it takes a while to get your actual losses down pat with your profile and I also save 3 to 4 gallons second runnings thats whats left in my mash tun after fly sparging so I can save that for starters

Hows that for a red ale

View attachment 1885
Lovely lovely colour OZ and awesome clarity on your wort mmm yum well looks like your at the end of your grew I'm at the start. And I couldn't find a lighter for sometime in amongst all me crap so it was delayed by 20 min... Brewing with gas aye?o_O

brewed another ipa today, Galaxy Citra at 15, 5, and galaxy citra whirlpooled, dry hopping with galaxy in a few days. Pitched London III. Brewday took an even 5 hours, OG hit 15.5ºP so I should be expecting around 6.5% ABV.

Brewed a nice oatmeal Milk Stout. Quite possibly the best aroma for a brewday when brewing a stout! Oh... pretty much hit all the numbers and OG'd a 1.064 with a target of 1.062.

I brewed this past weekend - Hint of Rye IPA. Fermenting strong and smelling great.

Brewing on a Friday afternoon.

I stopped smacking the Wyeast pack, I just cut it open and pour it all into my Erlenmeyer flask, and mine has a glass stopper top. Twice today it's scared me half to death because I've heard glass hitting the counter top. I guess the yeast is viable, it's been pushing the glass stopper out continually.

Brewing on a Friday afternoon.

I stopped smacking the Wyeast pack, I just cut it open and pour it all into my Erlenmeyer flask, and mine has a glass stopper top. Twice today it's scared me half to death because I've heard glass hitting the counter top. I guess the yeast is viable, it's been pushing the glass stopper out continually.
I generally smack - the packet you're smacking has yeast nutrients and sugar in it. But there's nothing that says you have to let the package swell if you're pitching it into a starter. Smack it then pour the whole thing in.

One more suggestion: Don't use a glass stopper, rather, crimp a piece of aluminum foil loosely around the top of the flask. No more glass hitting the countertop and it lets air, which your yeast need, in.

all the nutrients and stuff I cut up and are still getting into my flask. I'm not good at smacking, so I just do it my own way, and it works out fine.

Finished brewday today in under 5 hours, 14ºP OG on this one. Amarillo at 15, Citra at 5, and Amarillo Citra at WP. Pitched London 3 again, but I used Midnight wheat in this one, 5% of the grist. SRM calculated at 26, but used the same juicy water profile that I did last time.

all the nutrients and stuff I cut up and are still getting into my flask. I'm not good at smacking, so I just do it my own way, and it works out fine.

Finished brewday today in under 5 hours, 14ºP OG on this one. Amarillo at 15, Citra at 5, and Amarillo Citra at WP. Pitched London 3 again, but I used Midnight wheat in this one, 5% of the grist. SRM calculated at 26, but used the same juicy water profile that I did last time.
Brewer classification major "hop head"! I sure would like to taste some of those beers you churn out!

Back