Texas Storm!

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Listening to the radio here in bone dry Australia about the mammoth storm that Texas is copping apparently a land of water a large lake! @JA i know your a Texan how you managing i suppose no outside brewing for you for the time being:)

Anyone else here on brewersfriend being affected from this super storm? If so i raise a glass to you and hope you fair well with it.

Texas is taking a whopping, they are predicting up to 50 inches of rain in Houston when it is all said and done. All we are dealing with is this little tick TS Irma. I can't imagine that much rainfall in such a short period of time.

After the squirrels are through chewing on the numbers, about 1.25 meters of rain and it's not done raining yet. I have a lot of friends down there but most of them are okay. I don't know about their property. So far we can still communicate with them by phone or by Facebook. Another friend has a house in Corpus Christi - don't know the status of that one either but she's up here in our foothills, safe and dry.

Yep sounds like a new lake state to me! I went through a meter of rain in a week one year when a cyclone decided to do a U turn on Darwin. It didn't have much affect on the place though as its a coastal city and the rain just drains quickly out to see it had no flat land to pool up in.

Final tally was just over 50 inches (130 cm in the Land of the Squirrels).

Well no word neither from the Taxan John Allison so maybe he's not fairing to well? JA hope you got plenty cold hombrew to tide you over till all the flood waters recede mate;).

Yeah sounds like that storm just sat over Texas for some time dumping all s rain in one place!

Any updates from fellow brewers in the affected areas, I hope everyone is safe. I have family that evacuated to Oklahoma to stay with relatives for the time being.

Of all the people we know in the area, only one family's house got water in it. Of course, most of the people we know are in southeast Houston, near the bay, where the water could mostly sheet off into the ocean without backing up.

Not me, but my sister had faced this storm as she lives there. But as a safety precaution she has got the impact doors installed in her home before the arrival of storm. Thanks to her friend who recommended her this website about the impact windows and doors and got it installed in time. The impact door saved her home from that heavy storm.

Back