Hello from Canadia

Hawkbox

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
In my first year of brewing, just started doing all grain in the last couple months. I really enjoy it and this site seems incredibly handy. Hope to be able to contribute usefully at some point.

Thanks! I'm rather envious of how much better the pricing and options are for you yanks.

Top of the brew day to ya!

In my first year of brewing, just started doing all grain in the last couple months. I really enjoy it and this site seems incredibly handy. Hope to be able to contribute usefully at some point.
All grain isn't that hard is it ? I've brewed rolling pirate drunk and still made pretty decent beer .
Biggest downside to AG is that you've got nobody else to blame for the shall we say " not as good " batches .
Welcome to the site mate , hope to see you around

Surprisingly easy, I've just started harvesting yeast. My next brew this weekend will be with harvested yeast, hopefully it goes well.

Just to update I did 4 SMaSh brews with 4 different styles of hops in 4 days with reclaimed yeast. To many variables were introduced to make it a proper experiment but I'm interested to see how the different hop styles affect the flavour.

Just to update I did 4 SMaSh brews with 4 different styles of hops in 4 days with reclaimed yeast. To many variables were introduced to make it a proper experiment but I'm interested to see how the different hop styles affect the flavour.
Just did a SMaSH beer ourselves. Maris Otter and Citra. 8 days old and tastes great. Now we know what Maris and Citra taste like all by themselves.

I should get some Maris Otter and try that. It's been sitting for a while now, I'll be back from San Diego on the weekend and I can gelatin fine it before I tap them.

I may need to figure out how to run more taps now.

Back