What are you drinking right now?

I am such a sucker for those amber colors, just makes it right it seems lol! Beautiful looking brews @Trialben

What a crying shame ! my keg of Pirate XPA blew bubbles today .
I have another keg of just another APA chilled and carbed to replace it on tap but that one was pouring and drinking well :oops: other tap is an English IPA but just not the same ....no rye goodness on tap for at least 2 weeks until rye IPA is finished # firstworldproblems

I am such a sucker for those amber colors, just makes it right it seems lol! Beautiful looking brews @Trialben
Yep Snook I gave both them kegs a good nudge:rolleyes: sore head angry missus. Beautiful sunny Sunday Afternoon weather and beautiful beer and next thing my list of things to do flew away with the breeze :cool:.

Currently on Tap:
Big Fat Juicy Mess (Double IPA)
Hard Root beer
chocolate/coffee Stout (cocoa nibs and deathwish coffee)

Next up:
Pils and Imperial Stout;
Both can be tracked here:
https://www.brewstat.us/share/1805/pilsmore
https://www.brewstat.us/share/1818/veros-stout
I just so happen to have a Choc coffee stout crashing in the fermentor ATM . I put 150g of nibs and 30g of ground coffee in fermentor then another 15g of ground coffee after fermentation.
Got the recipe from bertus brewery's blog.
What was your chocolate and coffee additions if you don't mind me asking?

I just so happen to have a Choc coffee stout crashing in the fermentor ATM . I put 150g of nibs and 30g of ground coffee in fermentor then another 15g of ground coffee after fermentation.
Got the recipe from bertus brewery's blog.
What was your chocolate and coffee additions if you don't mind me asking?
it's a 10 gallon batch, I used 14 oz of cocoa nibs and 6 oz of cold steeped Death Wish coffee.

OK, so it was like 11AM and I decided to pop my Juice IPA I brewed a few weeks ago.

I whirlpooled 1 oz of Galaxy and 1 oz of Citra, dry hopped with 1 oz of Galaxy and 1 oz of Citra, and honestly, it's not as hoppy as I thought it would be. It has a wonderful nose on it, tropical fruit hoppiness. I could probably afford to either double up on the whirlpool hops, OR just add 15min boil hop additions.

OK, so it was like 11AM and I decided to pop my Juice IPA I brewed a few weeks ago.

I whirlpooled 1 oz of Galaxy and 1 oz of Citra, dry hopped with 1 oz of Galaxy and 1 oz of Citra, and honestly, it's not as hoppy as I thought it would be. It has a wonderful nose on it, tropical fruit hoppiness. I could probably afford to either double up on the whirlpool hops, OR just add 15min boil hop additions.
"OR just add 15min boil hop additions.":D

Yep i love those hoppy aromas of Galaxy . I did a galaxy equinox combo hop awhile back both being tropical i found great aroma and bitterness but hop.flavour was lacking so yep agree on some end of boil additions as this may help.

Drinking some stone and wood pacific ale i got a carton from the boss for me birthday last week thats what i call a good boss! Still got a couple left may just need to get some more tasters for next time i brew it.

@Vallka dont know if youve sampled one mate so there it is in the glass.

Attachments

• 20170818_150036.jpg
    20170818_150036.jpg
    717.6 KB · Views: 135
Helping judge a local comp today ( I'm just a steward) so a variety of beers but so far only a few outstanding ones and plenty of flawed ones ....things we do for love

Just don't push a little boy out of a window. And don't do that with your sister, that's just weird

Helping judge a local comp today ( I'm just a steward) so a variety of beers but so far only a few outstanding ones and plenty of flawed ones ....things we do for love
What that the national comp I've got an outstanding Octoberfest for you to try after the bazillion beers you've tasted today Lol!

Local comp my friend , just a few weeks until states though and i've already put my hand up to help steward there as well .

Some very nice brews entered today and some deeply flawed ones as well , learned a little more which is always a good thing and now i'm enjoying my own English IPA again satisfied it will score well .

Send me a bottle , i do like Marzen and i'll send you a bottle of cRye Baby XPA to smack you around the taste buds

Local comp my friend , just a few weeks until states though and i've already put my hand up to help steward there as well .

Some very nice brews entered today and some deeply flawed ones as well , learned a little more which is always a good thing and now i'm enjoying my own English IPA again satisfied it will score well .

Send me a bottle , i do like Marzen and i'll send you a bottle of cRye Baby XPA to smack you around the taste buds
If that is the national comp I best get the ball rolling my end get my brews in eh. As told I've got my pils and this Marzen brew probably this Marzen brew is best ATM nice and spicey with plenty of malt leaves you longing for more and not to heavy on body light enough to keep you wanting more. Well thanks for getting my drunken mind into geer I'll get in contact with my local hombrew mob and find out how to enter as in where and how much... Good luck me old mate 40's and above on score I hoping for optimistically that is ;).

Par for the course. NEVER judge the Belgian flight...

when filling out a BJCP judge sign up, you can specify witch styles you prefer not to judge. for me that's sours

Back