My Spike System setup

mbrierley

Trial Member
Reaction score
thought I would share last weekends setup. I have since then attached the controller to a rolling TV stand.

Attachments

• Brew Day.jpg
    Brew Day.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 782
thought I would share last weekends setup. I have since then attached the controller to a rolling TV stand.
I've been eyeing up the new conical fermenter's from Spike and plan on purchasing in a couple months. I have a Spike Brewing 10 gallon boil kettle and love it.

I've been eyeing up the new conical fermenter's from Spike and plan on purchasing in a couple months. I have a Spike Brewing 10 gallon boil kettle and love it.
I have one of their new CF10's (its actually 14) and that thing is money

I have one of their new CF10's (its actually 14) and that thing is money
That's the one I've been eyeballing as its the only one available from them right now. Can you offer any review on the CF10?

I can Try.

I bought it when it was first availble and followed it up by purchasing the casters and a clear top ( Gotta keep an eye on things). Note: I have the SS brewtech conical as well.

Pros:
The butterfly valves are solid and work great. Make sure you install them in the right direction.
The 2" trub tube is overkill so be careful with it.
Water pressure up to 15 PSI if you do forced transfers
VERY easy to clean, due to the removable top
The conical is very stable and has solid legs ( the casters are locking)

Cons:
The handles... uh yeah don't bother. Only for use when it's empty
The fastener for the lid is a bit rough and could easily snag as you walk by
blow off leaves you having to use a hose, not a biggy
Accessories. Expect to get some. The base unit is great, but no racking cane, blowoff, PRV, clear top cap, casters.
They also have a temperature control coil I haven't purchased, due to my lack of need, but they have nothing to connect to it, so you'd have to retrofit some other temp control unit and pump to it. Also no conical jacket.

Just my 2cents and again, my con's are nitpicks and over all this unit is stellar usable eye candy!

I can Try.

I bought it when it was first availble and followed it up by purchasing the casters and a clear top ( Gotta keep an eye on things). Note: I have the SS brewtech conical as well.

Pros:
The butterfly valves are solid and work great. Make sure you install them in the right direction.
The 2" trub tube is overkill so be careful with it.
Water pressure up to 15 PSI if you do forced transfers
VERY easy to clean, due to the removable top
The conical is very stable and has solid legs ( the casters are locking)

Cons:
The handles... uh yeah don't bother. Only for use when it's empty
The fastener for the lid is a bit rough and could easily snag as you walk by
blow off leaves you having to use a hose, not a biggy
Accessories. Expect to get some. The base unit is great, but no racking cane, blowoff, PRV, clear top cap, casters.
They also have a temperature control coil I haven't purchased, due to my lack of need, but they have nothing to connect to it, so you'd have to retrofit some other temp control unit and pump to it. Also no conical jacket.

Just my 2cents and again, my con's are nitpicks and over all this unit is stellar usable eye candy!

Touched on all the points I had in my list of concerns! Will put a couple extra dollars away for the extras. Thanks for taking the time to expand. Cheers

nice your set up is similar to me, although mine is not as pretty, a lot of use and brewing outdoors will do that to a rig

Attachments

• Brew Rig.jpg
    Brew Rig.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 295
  • WP_20170130_003.jpg
    WP_20170130_003.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 277
  • WP_20170130_015.jpg
    WP_20170130_015.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 324
  • WP_20161008_001.jpg
    WP_20161008_001.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 262
Very nice. I'm set up somewhat similar with my Spike kettles.

Attachments

• IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_0643.JPG
    IMG_0643.JPG
    320.3 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0644.JPG
    IMG_0644.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 281

Back