I visited a brewery today!

Aren't you a little old for play pens?
Depends on what we're playing. Getting old starts the first time you answer the question "Aren't you a little old for...." with yes.

One thing I love about Colorado: Playpens in brew pubs.
Right! Its like a weird wonderful place! I am surrounded by at least 10 breweries within 10 miles of my house and maybe 20-30 if you add another 10 miles to the radius. Love it!

Visited the Dry Dock with The Brew Mentor and his lovely wife. Nice afternoon, good conversation and the Dry Dock's usual excellent beer!

You guys are lucky.
I live in a small rural area, however a mate of mine has just started a brewery.
Does 4 great consistent beers.

You guys are lucky.
I live in a small rural area, however a mate of mine has just started a brewery.
Does 4 great consistent beers.
The Dry Dock started out as homebrew made by the owner of a homebrew shop. Your mate may be on to something very lucrative....

Visited Peak to Peak Brewery in Aurora CO yesterday. Great flight of beers leaning towards hophead but not so far that the beer wasn't enjoyable. Sweet little 3 barrel rig, too. I'll have to put it in rotation, especially since it's next to my favorite bike shop.

Had a Rye Sally Rye with a buffalo burger (excellent pairing) in Tamarack Brewing in Missoula MT last weekend, Will be stopping by Kootenai River Brewing in Bonners Ferry ID on way to Inland Northwest Craft Brewers Festival in Spokane WA. Pretty sure they will have a few Oktoberfest beers on hand:D. Quite a few breweries try out their new stuff there. Will be 40 breweries and over 150 beers.

Just now leaving Troegs in Hershey PA. Very impressed with the size and scope of the brewery and food. Lots of small batch stuff. The Hop Knife is delicious

Visited Redline Brewery in Barrie, Ontario, one hour north of Toronto on Friday, then Sawdust City in Gravenhurst, Ontario, about two hours north of Toronto.

In the town where I was born
Lived a man who liked to drink
And he told us of his life
In the land of breweries
So we sailed up to the sun
Till we found the sea of wort
And we lived beneath the hops
In our nano brewery
We all live in a nano brewery
Nano brewery, nano brewery
And our friends are all on board
Many more of them bring their mugs
And the band begins to play
[Full speed ahead, Mr. Parker, full speed ahead!
Full speed over here, sir!
Boil over! Boil over!
Aye, aye, sir, flame out!
Heaven! Heaven!]

Welcome back! A few of us were wondering where you have been hiding. Hope all is well.

I hit up 3 Ranges brewery in Valemount on Friday, then forgot the growler at my father in laws place 750km from my house.

I hit up 3 Ranges brewery in Valemount on Friday, then forgot the growler at my father in laws place 750km from my house.

Hopefully you had a taste of something when there:confused:

Yup, tried the IPA while at the site while my poor dog wasn't allowed on the patio and then took a growler of the Kolsch with me. Drank most of it but forgot the damned thing.

Yup, tried the IPA while at the site while my poor dog wasn't allowed on the patio and then took a growler of the Kolsch with me. Drank most of it but forgot the damned thing.

BTDT. more than once. My growler collection is getting manageable again.

Went to Northworks Brewing Friday, had a pint and a couple to go, stopped in to Barncat Artisan Ales, and Jackass Brewing today. These are all local craft brewers here in Cambridge Ontario

Was at the Angry Hen in Kaslo British Columbia on Fri. There beer was ok.

I was there in July.

Back