Bar b q competition this weekend

CRUNK

Trial Member
Reaction score
Heading out shortly, got a crappy weather day, but tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day.

I have a 16 lb brisket, 10 lb pork butt, 2 racks of st Louis cut pork ribs, 1 rack of st louis cut (bacon still on) pork ribs, 2 t bone steaks and potatoes for my wife and my dinner this evening, eggs, bacon, hash browns, for breakfast tomorrow, and 3 kegs of homebrew. Gonna be a great weekend. I'll try to take plenty of pictures to make your mouths water, and get you thirsty for more beer.

Do you bring your own grills too? My mouth is already watering.

When we used to camp, I would bring my smoker. Campgrounds have grills!

sweet post picks of the trailer and the food!!

And me and the wife are invited, but she's on call this weekend! :mad:

Next time Crunk! And we gotta do the joint brewday soon. Cold crashing the Chocoalte Milk Stout and kegging Sunday

Gonna miss you mase, I'm all set up ready to go

Attachments

• 20170623_151508_resized.jpg
    20170623_151508_resized.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 20170623_151613_resized.jpg
    20170623_151613_resized.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 88
Good luck with the competition! :)

Oh how I wish we were there Crunk! The Mrs. is ca Ching up on some much needed rest. We're heading to a local rib cook off, but it won't be the same. We are so looking forward to the fall cook off Crunk! Cheers and good luck. Can't wait to hear the details

The competition went pretty well I'm happy but I'm ecstatic about the feedback I got from my beer

I had 14 guys sitting around by 3 kegs that I took up over six hours We floated those kegs, the compliments I heard most were the fresh taste and it's not harsh a few of the wives came up that aren't Beer Drinkers and repeatedly came back up and got another glass I took up a Munich helles a Bavarian helles and a German Pilsner

Not once did I hear any single person say they prefer this beer over that beer they liked all of it equally they did say that they were glad that they weren't having to judge the beer because it would have been harder than judging the food I have now decided I'm going to leave the competition cooking up to the younger guys it's a lot of work to be cooking and serving beer and talking to the guys and trying to answer the questions they had I'm going to stick to making the beer and taste in the BBQ consequently my brisket did get first place I took fourth overall out of 8 Cook's I can live with that

Now who said men cant multitask:p!

Crunk is there nothinh you cant do!:)

Congrats sounds like a great way to spend a saturday or weekend and good beer and food pairings thats where i think you will excel youve got a solid grasp on BBQing and beer put them together and youve got a winner every time.

You sure you aint an Aussie?:D

I can't stop aging, lol.

I got more information about my beer just sitting talking with everyone and hearing there likes dislikes and questions than I thought possible.

Several asked to purchase beer from me, but since I'm not a licensed business I can't sell it, but they all offered to pay for the ingredients fuel, and participate in the process I thought that was greatest part. I have my next 3 beers planned out, first this weekend a nice Amber pilsner MARZEN(this will lager until octoberfest in late september)
Then I'm brewing a watermelon ale (watermelon extract which I will add to the spunding keg, .25 grams per litre, I'm looking for just a hint of watermelon flavor, in a lite dry refreshing ale on the hot days of summer)
After that I'm brewing a nice southern German pilsner.

I have a line on a bigger refrigerator case 2 times the size of the one I currently have, I'm thinking about buying, the guy has 2 of them, I'll have the price Wednesday. I need more room for lagering. Lol

And I know through my bloodline there's no Australian in it but I sure would like to visit there someday

Beer and bbqs and a hot Australian weekend afternoon all go hand in hand;).

Back