Lets catch some fish

Must say that i am not over keen on rainbow trout,however i have a small hot smoker and they are far better done that way.
I haven't found a bad way to fix the salmon but I do prefer smoked

I lived in upstate NY and Walleye fishing was big. A bunch of us were set up for ice fishing but not like the Grumpy Old Men but, almost. We fished Oneida Lake most of the time. For Salmon we'd go to Ontario. I had a Crestliner Great Lakes Cuddy with downriggers. That was a lot of years ago. I scaled back. Now, I have a 14 foot StarCraft Seafarer it is enough for me, the lakes that I fish I can swim across and I feel pretty safe in the boat. Except, during electrical storms.
I bought my license today. I planned on going for Calico and Bluegills tomorrow but, when I was coming back from the sporting goods shop the engine in my van started acting up. I dropped it off at the garage, it needs a distributor cap and a rotor. They didn't have time to repair it, so tomorrow, I'll have it in time to get out for the first time. The weather is supposed to be nice. Today was windy and rainy.
You guys might find this pretty disgusting but my fishing beer is canned Corona. It used to be canned Becks and Heinee until the capitalists bought them out. I do not use limes, I don't want to ruin a lime. I am thinking about purchasing a 2.5 gallon corny and a co2 injector. The corny is small enough to fit in my cooler. Then, I can drink my own stuff. It should cover a few hours of fishing.

On the lakes here, the patrol will randomly pull up to your boat. Bad idea to be drinking and boating here. Expensive penalty.

I lived in upstate NY and Walleye fishing was big. A bunch of us were set up for ice fishing but not like the Grumpy Old Men but, almost. We fished Oneida Lake most of the time. For Salmon we'd go to Ontario. I had a Crestliner Great Lakes Cuddy with downriggers. That was a lot of years ago. I scaled back. Now, I have a 14 foot StarCraft Seafarer it is enough for me, the lakes that I fish I can swim across and I feel pretty safe in the boat. Except, during electrical storms.
I bought my license today. I planned on going for Calico and Bluegills tomorrow but, when I was coming back from the sporting goods shop the engine in my van started acting up. I dropped it off at the garage, it needs a distributor cap and a rotor. They didn't have time to repair it, so tomorrow, I'll have it in time to get out for the first time. The weather is supposed to be nice. Today was windy and rainy.
You guys might find this pretty disgusting but my fishing beer is canned Corona. It used to be canned Becks and Heinee until the capitalists bought them out. I do not use limes, I don't want to ruin a lime. I am thinking about purchasing a 2.5 gallon corny and a co2 injector. The corny is small enough to fit in my cooler. Then, I can drink my own stuff. It should cover a few hours of fishing.
Now there is an avid hombrew always looking for ways of incorporating his homebrew into every day life. My current answer is the carb cap and 2lt pet bottle and nice easy drinking lite larger or pils mmm wish i hadnt drunk that keg dry!

my go to canned beer is Coors regular, I actually like it, nothing bad to say except today the mouth feel is a bit oily compared to years ago, Bluegill is my catfish bait, their so small here and bite anything you throw at them they don't get bigger that 6 inches long and 1/2 thick, just cast below the dock with worms and you can catch 10 in about 30 minutes

just cast below the dock with worms and you can catch 10 in about 30 minutes
I remember doing just that at the lake where my grandparents lived. I was about 5 years old at the time. "Fishing is easy!"

my go to canned beer is Coors regular, I actually like it, nothing bad to say except today the mouth feel is a bit oily compared to years ago, Bluegill is my catfish bait, their so small here and bite anything you throw at them they don't get bigger that 6 inches long and 1/2 thick, just cast below the dock with worms and you can catch 10 in about 30 minutes
Potato chip fish. A fillet is the size of a chip! And just as tasty.

Nearly that time of the year for the annual fishing holiday,yeaaaaaaaa.
A whole week of fishing,drinking,fishing and drinking:cool::)
Plenty of bottled home brew to take away for the 'in between' times:D.Found some nice hidden away pubs last year with some REAL farmers ciders available,the ABV of which could be anything!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

And don't fall in the water.

I remembered fishing up in the Territory here in Aus You had to stay clear of the water because of the Crocks plus whenever you hook on they want some too:p add another dimension to the sport the hunter getting hunted.

lol yeah where I lived it wasn't the wildlife but the mantis rays would dig out a hole in the ground near the beach, we would surf and step in one of those holes the sea weed would grab our legs and almost droned us, I had that happen chocking for a long time

And don't fall in the water.

I remembered fishing up in the Territory here in Aus You had to stay clear of the water because of the Crocks plus whenever you hook on they want some too:p add another dimension to the sport the hunter getting hunted.
Kind of makes a sport out of it, IMHO! Kind of like life in Alaska: Some days you get the bear and some days the bear gets you.

Had a morning out with our grandson today. Managed a couple of Rainbow trout and lost one.A little too warm and sunny really for decent fishing.
Plenty of fish moving but very picky about what fly they would look at!:mad::D

forgot to post this but caught a bunch of fish last weekend at a family gathering, it was cloudy and rainy and the fish loved it, I ran across 2 large shad swarms so we caught enough for a fish fry for about 10 hungry people, one was a 20 inch bass, 21 walleye, a bunch of 24" catfish

Yummy fish fry's are fun with large crews like that.
We been getting quite a few bass but nothing over about 1.5#.
Mostly those littler ones no bigger than the lure.

I felt like a noob that day, one catfish stuck me in the thumb all the way to the bone, its still not healed

Got some good fishing in on a western Nebraska reservoir, during a family reunion a week or so ago. My boy about fell out of the boat when he hooked into his first northern pike
5.13# and 26" in length

Attachments

• 9111440E-E467-4581-A436-317F81BC43EF-7566-000007B28D3D9A3E.jpeg
    9111440E-E467-4581-A436-317F81BC43EF-7566-000007B28D3D9A3E.jpeg
    466.7 KB · Views: 118

Back