Brew blocked

CRUNK

Trial Member
Reaction score
the past two weekends since I have returned from my vacation I have been brew blocked by unexpected company and plans that came up that had to be taken care of this weekend it's not going to happen I will not be brew blocked again.

I'm going to lager this one with 34/70 second generation

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170531-085029.png
    Screenshot_20170531-085029.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Screenshot_20170531-085014.png
    Screenshot_20170531-085014.png
    207.7 KB · Views: 199
nice beer and I hate it when that happens and I hate buying beer when i can make it

I think if it were me, I'd drop the Crystal and trade the Vienna for Munich but otherwise, looks very good! I, too, have been fighting life for time to brew, new duties at work, being a full-time granddaddy, yada, yada. But so far, my stock hasn't shrunk to the point where I'm out buying beer!

Next adventure for me is a Vienna Lager as part of "Das Helles Projekt", 100% Vienna Malt (with a couple ounces of Acidulated thrown in).

I would replace the pale ale with Vienna. Keep the crystal.

Make the recipe searchable and post the recipe link. It'll be easier to check out the whole thing.

Definitely lose the C-10. Throw in a few ounces of Aromatic if you want to add a little depth, but Pilsner, Pale and Vienna will make a nice beer. I've done very similar with a pound of Flaked Rice or Flaked Corn. Good Stuff. :)

I see your testing that 50-50 Pilsner with another pale base malt there crunk I can't add any advice only make time to brew don't find time lol :D.

I'll be getting up in the wee hours to brew this Saturday 5;30 ish that's making time;)

Yes I am trying the 50/50 blend to see how it does. Rest assured I will report on it.

I have read it's nice for foam and head retension
Looking forward to the results crunk. i like your style. testing all these brewing theorys makes for a better more informed brewer.

I'm open minded, I discard what doesn't work for me after trying it first, that way I have no regrets.

And it really has made the learning curve easier for me.

A few friends keep telling me I should open a bar b que and brewery, but I'm afraid it would become work instead of fun and I wouldn't like it any more.

We host 2 parties every summer, I bar b q for approximately 120 to 150 people, the first one is June 24th this year the second is around labor day. I usually cook 4 briskets, 4 pork butts, 10 racks of ribs, and 40 lbs of chicken, now I can add fresh Home Brew to that menu.

Sounds like you need a 4 barrel system:eek::)

Well Crunk I think you hit the nail on the head. Open a brewery and this hobbie soon becomes work and maybe unjoyable.

Your going to be a busy man trying to quench the thirst of that many people. Don't make the ribs too spicy they'll only get thirster lol:p.

Well Crunk I think you hit the nail on the head. Open a brewery and this hobbie soon becomes work and maybe unjoyable.

Your going to be a busy man trying to quench the thirst of that many people. Don't make the ribs too spicy they'll only get thirster lol:p.
I just talked to someone last night whose brother is opening a brewery. No brewing experience himself. He and his business partner hired two brewers. It's almost like they hired these people and said, "Hey, what kind of skills do you have?"

We host 2 parties every summer, I bar b q for approximately 120 to 150 people, the first one is June 24th this year the second is around labor day. I usually cook 4 briskets, 4 pork butts, 10 racks of ribs, and 40 lbs of chicken, now I can add fresh Home Brew to that menu.

You're speaking my language! :) We spread our parties out so that one is end of January and one is July 4th - in the range of 100 people. I brewed 7 kegs for the last one and it was mostly gone at the end of the night. We'll have at least that much beer for the 4th and I expect that hot weather will make it disappear even quicker.

I'm taking 3 kegs, but I'm also taking a bottle of patron that should be enough to cover me we start Friday about noon and we go all the way through till Sunday and we can't go no more and the parties are held similar to a barbecue competition those coming down to cook compete also to see who's got the best

I think a small tap room would be fun but I know people who have went pro and it is a crap ton of work.

Back