It pays to know your beer

Still some highly skilled brewers to produce gigalitres of exactly the same boring , bland yellow fizzy water day after day .
I know a pro brewer who produces much the same day after day and the only decent beer he makes is at home
Ditto. Met some Coors brewers at a party a while back. They were happy to share their secrets with me and to drink my beer,

I have lost track of what this thread is talking about but I originally wanted to reply that a Beer at the Phillies game runs $9.75 each. It gets expensive taking a group out to the baseball game.

Last edited:
Coors Field isn't much cheaper - I believe it's in the $7 - $8 range here.

at Cardinals stadium a beer is $10 , much cheaper here at the cardinals farm league team in the city

Reds farm team, the Dragons, is $7

We have some pretty strange laws about booze at sporting events here , i used to attend the annual 1000 km endurance race at Bathurst and camp on site for 3-4 days and to our national disgrace they placed a cap on how much beer i could bring into the campground at 1 slab per man per day ( 24 x 375 ml ) Bloody outrageous ! that's only 4.5 litres ...next time i go i'll hide a corny or 2 in the camping gear

I was told by a friend that went the the Cardinals stadium last weekend, you can now bring containers of water in, even big jugs, so just say its water and put what you want in t lol

We have some pretty strange laws about booze at sporting events here , i used to attend the annual 1000 km endurance race at Bathurst and camp on site for 3-4 days and to our national disgrace they placed a cap on how much beer i could bring into the campground at 1 slab per man per day ( 24 x 375 ml ) Bloody outrageous ! that's only 4.5 litres ...next time i go i'll hide a corny or 2 in the camping gear

When I was in the military we spent a couple of weeks with an Aussie outfit and I swear they could hide beer in their socks. They always seemed to have beer available and thankfully they were a friendly sharing group.

Try a pie floater
Best served at 3 am but is a meat pie served in a tub of thick split pea and ham soup
I'd always thought that the floater bit was just a thick pea soup - ta for the heads up.
A bit like the old London pie mash & liquor (the liquor I'm told is a thick green parsley sauce)
Cheers!

Back