Other hobbies

Looks good. What would you expect to catch there?
Was out myself last week with my grandson fly fishing for rainbow trout. Had one but it was hard work. Plenty of fish showing but turning noses up at my offerings.
Flathead I saw stingray up there and mullet but tide was going out and in a few sections I only just got threw so I turned round not long after I took that shot. Maybe on a different tide I'd go further all slatwater fishing there it's a coastal estuary off mooloolbah river I didn't catch didly squat.

Flathead I saw stingray up there and mullet but tide was going out and in a few sections I only just got threw so I turned round not long after I took that shot. Maybe on a different tide I'd go further all slatwater fishing there it's a coastal estuary off mooloolbah river I didn't catch didly squat.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
i'm not the only 'blanker' then:D:D

Overfished in that river , used to be safe bet to land mangrove jacks , bream or flathead

Mudcrab stocks are also near zero too
Yep pretty much everywhere thats why i like to paddle into inacessable parts to try and get to the spots that arnt fished as regularly. Next time im heading up the mooloolah river with the incoming tide .

Yep pretty much everywhere thats why i like to paddle into inacessable parts to try and get to the spots that arnt fished as regularly. Next time im heading up the mooloolah river with the incoming tide .
Mooloolah river!,you blokes certainly have some strange but great sounding rivers:cool:

Mooloolah river!,you blokes certainly have some strange but great sounding rivers:cool:
Google it Club it's not a crazy big river I don't know it intimately yet... But I'm sure on an in coming tide I'm sure to find some nice fishy hidee holes:p. It's in South East Queensland, Sunshine Coast to Narrow it down and even further go inland from Mooloolbah hence the rivers name;). Most of the previous eateries banks are now sporting multi million dollar mansions as @Mark D Pirate will know some big Aussie Celebs live along it's canals well maybe not huge celebs but a few in there. Of course I don't fish these parts especially in me little home made kayak it's made for more adventurous stuff:D like way up the mangrove swamps where them Ritchie's wouldn't poke their big toe at lol!

Google it Club it's not a crazy big river I don't know it intimately yet... But I'm sure on an in coming tide I'm sure to find some nice fishy hidee holes:p. It's in South East Queensland, Sunshine Coast to Narrow it down and even further go inland from Mooloolbah hence the rivers name;). Most of the previous eateries banks are now sporting multi million dollar mansions as @Mark D Pirate will know some big Aussie Celebs live along it's canals well maybe not huge celebs but a few in there. Of course I don't fish these parts especially in me little home made kayak it's made for more adventurous stuff:D like way up the mangrove swamps where them Ritchie's wouldn't poke their big toe at lol!
Just had a look:)
Going back a bit in time,we used to get Rex Hunt's ( he had another surname over here and it wasn't Hunt:eek::D)fishing shows over here.
Some of them were ok actually,some rubbish however. Used to like the ones where they saltwater flyfished from the shoreline.
:cool:

Well that's all folks. He loves to kiss them fish before release not sure how he'd go with a shark though. Yep Rex Hunt was a bit of a fishing celeb don't see him on the box anymore though. Nowadays our ex sporting celebs have fishing shows like ET Andrew Ettinghousen (spelling) and Cricketing Great Mathew Hayden actually Haydo had a cook book out too:).

Here's my latest first attempt. I made my own bacon. It really does taste amazing!

Attachments

• IMG_1603.JPG
    IMG_1603.JPG
    560.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1604.JPG
    IMG_1604.JPG
    626.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1606.JPG
    IMG_1606.JPG
    776.7 KB · Views: 138
Here's my latest first attempt. I made my own bacon. It really does taste amazing!
Now that looks delectable there Jeffpn top notch mate what did you smoke it first then fry her up? You just reminded me I e gotta go clean that BBQ dam it:p.

Yes. The recipe said to hot smoke it. Cabinet temp of 200° until the slab hit 150° (convert that yourself! :p). Then I cut off the skin. Today, after it's chilled, I'll use my slicer on it.

Yes. The recipe said to hot smoke it. Cabinet temp of 200° until the slab hit 150° (convert that yourself! :p). Then I cut off the skin. Today, after it's chilled, I'll use my slicer on it.
When my bro finally gets his smoker sorted we'll get some bacon sorted i went from working at a piggery to slautering them some years ago im a B grade slauterman BTW yep jack of all trades but i know where to get some good pork on me fork so to speak lol.:D

It's no more difficult than putting 1/4 cup of dry cure in a Ziploc bag with a pork belly, shake, and let it cure in the fridge for a week. Then roast or smoke it. I don't know why it took me so long to try it.

Love fishing , camping, anything outdoors really . Couple years back now , my brothers and I started a yearly bro-cation. We've done backpacks and kayaks on 30 miles of the current river in Missouri, couple of 14ers in Colorado and just plain wandering around Colorado with backpacks and our fly rods . Do a little woodworking mostly for SWMBO. We are chronic rehab addicts always got to be fixing something up.
This year after much debate and compromise ~my love of camping and her want of a "tiny house" we bought a 30 year old travel trailer and are working on gutting it and giving it the total HGTV makeover
That looks like a fun project!!!

Not that I needed a new hobby but I purchased the two bee hives on the left today. Even with the suit the little buggers are a little unnerving.
bees.JPG

Back