Pissed with me intertap

My wife and I tried to watch a cricket match during our honeymoon. 20 minutes later I still had no idea what was happening
There is a much shorter version of the game where each team gets 20 overs of 6 balls but still gets 10 outs to encourage risky shots and big hits rather than the traditional 5 day matches with 2 innings each

There is a much shorter version of the game where each team gets 20 overs of 6 balls but still gets 10 outs to encourage risky shots and big hits rather than the traditional 5 day matches with 2 innings each

I still love the test match version of the game myself. i think there is some great skill patience and perseverance to hang on for five days play and even then come away with a draw! I love driving around from job to job with the steady drawl and occasionally comedic remark from the likes of Jim Maxwell.and kerry o'keith (spelling) on the radio as i go about my day. I love the contest and the visiting countries having to settle in and try to live abroad from home whilst taking on us aussies especially when the rolles reversed and were in india just surviving the water and food is enough let alone standing in the sweltering heat for five days and winning:eek:. Yeah i love.my cricket especially my test matches;).

Oh ok sounds like kinky shades of grey to me ha ha :p. Yeah i love me cricket not that i play anymore so maybe love watching others masochist ive got some masochistic things going on :D. Mark that coopers yeast has a lot of character and it doesnt like to lurk in the background but stay up front on the pallet definitly feels english to me...

Well.. We are off to Lancashire County Cricket Club tomorrow to watch Lancashire play Worcestershire, A 1 day 50 over per side match, start at 11am and should finish about 6pm. Lancs members bar has 3 hand pumped cask ales so I'll have a pint (or two) Later this month we have a 4 day match against Yorkshire. I can well understand that to a non cricket lover the rules and game will be hard to follow.-
Ahh! Summer in England Cricket, beer and - oh dear - rain probably :rolleyes:
Cheers

Well.. We are off to Lancashire County Cricket Club tomorrow to watch Lancashire play Worcestershire, A 1 day 50 over per side match...
...can well understand that to a non cricket lover the rules and game will be hard to follow.
Cricket definitely has IMO a pretty steep learning curve. Especially when comes to understanding why anyone on this planet would play / watch test cricket.

Interesting no one has mentioned rugby yet!

Rugby is a game I can watch ! Nearly as good as AFL .

Never got my head around NFL though , too much stopping and changing teams
Totally agree about the NFL...only about 20% of the game is actual play time...
Interesting you mention the difference between AFL and NFL, as "rugby" isn't always "rugby" either.
Union, League, Aussie Rules...

Lancashire won! :):):)

Royal London One-Day Cup, Emirates Old Trafford
Lancashire 313-5 (50 overs):
Vilas 100*, Clark 79*, Brown 63; Tongue 2-46

Worcestershire 161 (34.5 overs): Clarke 36; Clark 4-34
Lancashire (2pts) beat Worcestershire by 152 runs

Great match, and the weather was lovely too :D
Cheers

Totally agree about the NFL...only about 20% of the game is actual play time...
Interesting you mention the difference between AFL and NFL, as "rugby" isn't always "rugby" either.
Union, League, Aussie Rules...
Not a big fan of league , Union is a thugs game played by gentleman
Have played , coached and reffed various grades over the years .
AFL is a game requiring skill , endurance and athleticism

Well to confuse even alot of Australians us Queenslanders call rugby league football which will really throw a spanner in the works of what game were talking about:p.

I love me rugby league and rugby played plenty of league myself not any union but im a bit biased as me old mans a Welshman and they go bonkers for thier union. As is the old fellas statement "rugby union is the game they play in heaven".

Last edited:
Lancashire won! :):):)

Royal London One-Day Cup, Emirates Old Trafford
Lancashire 313-5 (50 overs):
Vilas 100*, Clark 79*, Brown 63; Tongue 2-46

Worcestershire 161 (34.5 overs): Clarke 36; Clark 4-34
Lancashire (2pts) beat Worcestershire by 152 runs

Great match, and the weather was lovely too :D
Cheers
I'll take your word for it ;)

I tried to watch one, too. Two days later I still had no idea what was happening.
Oh dear, but you are not alone, many Brits can not understand Cricket as well.
Ann & I have always been fans of the game and it was the only sport I was any good at :rolleyes:
Cheers

Back