Beer festival

chub1

Trial Member
Reaction score
Went to a beer festival yesterday, with 5 others and my lad.Never done one before and really enjoyed it.
60 Beers, around 12 Ciders and some Perry on offer, Free 1/2 pint tankard on entry ,jazz band and food available all day:cool:. Took it steady, didn't get hammered but got to sample a fair few beers.

Our local one is getting better every year ! Many stalls were manned / womaned by the brewers and were willing to talk to brewers frankly about recipe and process
Shame they hold it during winter instead of spring

A bit of inspiration too I bet good stuff
Well i was rather pleased with myself.I did a coffee stout some time ago now,extract as well,not AG. Gave some away,and there was a double coffee stout on offer there. My lad had one and passed a taster around to my mates,who all agreed it was almost identical to my brew:cool::D.
There were a good few brewed with the USA hops,ie cascade,chinook,amarillo.

You know what I love about brewers friend? Seeing our friends down under use words like "lad" and "mate". Can't wait for my visit next year!

I usually answer to anything some words blokes may call eachother may not be appropriate for these forums pages. Mate or bud even bro or for an older Aussie digger and cobber but most commonly between men and woman mate;)

Pretty sure the way I speak to my closest friends would be a ban here or fighting words in most pubs in other countries ....I'm still trying to break my personal record for telling customers to perform an anatomically impossible act
Record is currently at 5 in a single day .

What part of Australia are you visiting ?
I have a friend that moved to Australia a couple years ago (for a woman). They currently live in Adelaide and are getting married in 2019. So a couple of us are going to visit next March and have a mini bachelor party (there's a bigger one planned in the states later). I think a trip to "Red Rock" or something like that was mentioned. Also it is festival season in Adelaide around that time according to him. Looking forward to it either way!

I have a friend that moved to Australia a couple years ago (for a woman). They currently live in Adelaide and are getting married in 2019. So a couple of us are going to visit next March and have a mini bachelor party (there's a bigger one planned in the states later). I think a trip to "Red Rock" or something like that was mentioned. Also it is festival season in Adelaide around that time according to him. Looking forward to it either way!
Mad March , we have a touring car race on as well almost in middle of the city and the fringe festival ...I love that time of year here in Radelaide

Its a local thing , sleepy little city really .
City centre is exactly 1 mile by 1 mile square surrounded by park lands and you've picked the best month to visit as the weather is generally very good and plenty to do

Back