Salt additions in recipe view.

WCF - The Brewery

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I would like to be ablr to use the water chemistry calculator to determine necessary salt additions, and then save it into the recipe so I can see what to do on brew day without having to go back into the calculator, and without having to create a new target water profile for each beer in order to pull it back up again.

I would like to be ablr to use the water chemistry calculator to determine necessary salt additions, and then save it into the recipe so I can see what to do on brew day without having to go back into the calculator, and without having to create a new target water profile for each beer in order to pull it back up again.

I second this request. At least a print option for the water calcs that allows for a quick list of the additions. Salts and acid.

A print option for just the salts/acids additions would be nice.

This is a great feature request - once we've tweaked our salts, it should be a simple click to transfer it the recipe sheet. It's linked, so shouldn't be tricky? Would make the process easier - it actually stops me from wanting to tweak water because i have to write everything down by hand. silly, but it does.

So are you always going to want to add the same salts?
By the way Yooper that recipe looks delicious!!!

no, not always the same. from the recipe you go to your water screen, adjust to the profile you want, then hit a button and the required additions are added to your recipe sheet - which i then print and use for brew day

Yea would be a cool option or salt additions itemised under the water profile section on the recipe page. Eg 4ml lactic acid 6g calcium sulphate 3G calcium chloride. I usually end up typing them in this same column on the recipe page anyhow but it would be cool if it uploaded/Inputted them there automatically :rolleyes:.

So are you always going to want to add the same salts?
By the way Yooper that recipe looks delicious!!!

For the same recipe? Yes, I tend to do about the same thing when I find something I like.

I almost always start with RO water, at least for pale/light colored beers.

As a new user to this software, I find this feature to be shocking that it's not included. HUGE must....

As a seasoned user to this software, I wouldn't know what to do with it if it were here. It wouldn't bother me if it were present, but I wouldn't call it a must.

As a seasoned user to this software, I wouldn't know what to do with it if it were here. It wouldn't bother me if it were present, but I wouldn't call it a must.

I have to build most of my beers from RO or Distilled due to the water in my area. I don't know if you have to, or like to treat your water but it makes life easier if the information is carried into the recipe.

I get that. A lot of people here treat their water. I don't. Lucky, I guess. I hope you get your feature, but I wouldn't use it.

I've asked for this feature myself in the past- and we are working on it! I'll keep you posted!

I've asked for this feature myself in the past- and we are working on it! I'll keep you posted!

So.....
Can you update us on this feature and if it will be included in the online version any time soon?

It already is..................

WHAT???? We can import the salt additions from the advanced water calculator?

EDIT: I see that it is. When did this get added? Because I just looked for this recently.

WHAT???? We can import the salt additions from the advanced water calculator?

EDIT: I see that it is. When did this get added? Because I just looked for this recently.

I don't recall- not too long ago, so you're not crazy.

Well, maybe you ARE crazy, but not about this anyway. :)

Back