What are you drinking right now?

Kit based Rye Saison , was for a swap event but I'm pulled out
Very dry finish with a slight boozy warmth (7% abv )
Funkier than James brown since I encouraged ferment temps over 30 ° C ( 86 silly degrees )

Attachments

• IMG_20170404_185609.jpg
    IMG_20170404_185609.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 117
Funkier than James brown since I encouraged ferment temps over 30 ° C ( 86 silly degrees )
How about the colour in that beer Mark! Now that or similar is what I was aiming for with my berrie Saison top stuff mate.

Wow,that's rinky dink pink alright

Help. I just bought a bottle of barrel aged Chimay Blue. And I'm stoked to drink it, BUT, I'm also kinda stoked to cellar it for a while... Any suggestions?

Help. I just bought a bottle of barrel aged Chimay Blue. And I'm stoked to drink it, BUT, I'm also kinda stoked to cellar it for a while... Any suggestions?
Just have a taste first that way you can compare flavour after cellering

Drinking my soured rum barrel Porter.

Just have a taste first that way you can compare flavour after cellering
you can't reseal a corked bottle.

plus, I'm not sure which version I got. There's a few batches if you scroll down on this page: http://chimay.com/us/bieres/barriques/ and comparing most people's bottle photos, they have the paper sticker label on the front that says which batch it is. Mine does not, just has Grande Reserve Ale Barrel Aged printed on the front.

Well all the haze has dropped in that bohemian floor malted Pilsner the head is good considering no carapils. Still a little honey sweetness I can turn the carbonation up a little to account for this. Will probably increase bitterness next brew by a few IBUs. Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 104
. Still a little honey sweetness Cheers

I would bet you the metric equivalent of a dollar that honey sweetness is coming from your quality pilz malt.. get the same honeynote from ayinger Oktoberfest and the kolsch malt I've been using. Thought it was a oxidation/process flaw till tasting the ayinger

Check how light this pilsner is. Going to enter this beer into that comp later on this month just hope i can hold back on the keg. Oh this beer is three weeks old! Just to prove lagers can be pushed out in a month:rolleyes:.

Attachments

• 20170413_150309.jpg
    20170413_150309.jpg
    735.7 KB · Views: 98
Trying out a 6 pack from one of my local craft breweries to kick of the Easter long weekend got to take a tour of his brewery. He started out with a HERMS three keg system and eventually bit the bullet so to speak and opened up a craft brewery in an industrial area here on the sunny coast on Wises rd Maroochydore. Cool dude that wants to help out local hombrewers he sells whole malt bags of assorted malts 55$ a bag good price here in Aus:). Oh each of his baby fermentors are 600lt each he has four pumping but is ordering in some more larger 1500lt fermentors to churn out some more beer! Good news for us over here in Aus the Craft beer scene is starting to get a little more popular.

Both of the micro breweries I've talked to on the coast are up scaling to keep up with demand!

Tried his pipeline ale it's a great hoppy session ale with plenty of aroma a well balanced beer. Now on the rye Amber Ale bit of spice plenty of caramel flavours rich but well balanced again you can tell he has refined these brews down to a T. Them two non labeled beers on the end I'm sure are Saisons. Cheers all!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    469.3 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    319.1 KB · Views: 98
Well wasn't at a club meeting but consumed 2.3 ish liters of my bohemian Pilsner and it goes alright fishing wise :D.

I tasted ten toes dark ale last night with hints of coffee and chocolate and I'm keen to experiment with the darker side of life:D.

@Mark D Pirate I'm sure the plane ticket wouldn't be in vaine if you decided to pay a visit to the sunny coast again free board here mate:cool:.

Im fermenting one now 12 gallons but this is my last lager, Im be going nuts after tonight

WP_20170428_001[1].jpg

ok first draw of my honey red ale and its green so Ill have to wait but pow right in your face flavor, im floored, I can describe this, esters plus hops im guessing its bold lo

l
WP_20170429_006.jpg

What else would a pirate take to a BBQ ?
50 IBU , well balanced and very crushable
Mosiac and cascade work very well together , I reduce the crystal in my APA since with rye it ends up a little chewy but this is a favourite commercial craft beer locally

Attachments

• IMG_20170430_121038.jpg
    IMG_20170430_121038.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Back