Beer bottles

JAMC said:
I'll conceed that the Baltika bottles look fairly stylish and unique, only problem is they're full of Baltika; which, in a cruel inversion of the parent company's well known phrase, is probably the worst lager in the world.

Even worse than Bud? Wow that's bad.

Also saw this stout looking aluminum bottle, not sure if it is compatible with standard cappers.

Attachments

• 2013-02-03 14.39.39.jpg
    2013-02-03 14.39.39.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 893
That looks to be a standard crown cap on it. Aluminum is pretty soft - don't know how it would stand up to repeated crimping.

LarryBrewer said:
Even worse than Bud? Wow that's bad.
Yes. Bud is a major disappointment in the flavour department on account of it being so weak and watery. I remember someone once described it to me as "the water they use to clean out the tanks of better beers" - seems to sum it up quite well.

The reason Baltika takes first place in the contest for worst lager ahead of Bud is because it contains all kinds of noxious off-flavours which make it actively unpleasant. There's actually another lager I remember which probably pushes Bud into third. Keo is a Cypriot lager which tastes like it's sat in metallic conditioning tanks for 10 years and started to eat it's container. I'd put that in 2nd place behind Baltika.

Nosybear said:
That looks to be a standard crown cap on it. Aluminum is pretty soft - don't know how it would stand up to repeated crimping.
Yep, looks like you'd need a bench capper for that one.

you know you've gone over the homebrew ledge when you hear

"Sir, are going to buy it, or just take pictures of it? "

I'll buy it for the bottle, not the beer inside it! $90 it steep for that 3L of Double Bastard, so I passed on it.

Back