Hello, just passed 1 year brewing

Brewer #91394

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As the title says I just past the one year anniversary of my first brew. It was a Brewers Best American Amber, it turned out really well for fermenting in a super cold March Idaho basement. After that I knew I had the brewing bug and was running faster then I was learning. I had one other extract kit, then tried my hand at all grain, thinking I could make my own recipe by throwing a bunch of grain in the kettle, that did not turn out to say the least. Sense then I have read a few books from Palmers, Smith, and Papazian and have learned what it takes to build your own recipe.

My equipment starting out was a basic kit, 5gal kettle, hydrometer, couple buckets, a carboy and what not. I bent up my own chiller coil and was heating on my camp chef stove. I have built a 3'Tx4'Lx2'D ferment chamber with a 10k window AC unit. Over the last year I have bought a fridge and a few ball lock kegs. My buddy that owns a beer distributor company gave me a few decommissioned kegs and I propane fired one. the other keg just had a 1.5" triclamp welded in it and is being heated by a 5500w single element controlled by the Aburens EZ Boil. So I think most of my equipment needs and done I just need a few more faucets.

So far the last year has been a blast,

I'm happy to be here and hope I can contribute and learn a thing or two.

thanks

welcome!

ahhh, to be young again and into this hobby (i've only been doing it about 5 years, and in my mid 30s)

Damn I just started, and I'm 47.

Happy brewing and welcome.

Damn I just started, and I'm 47.

Happy brewing and welcome.
Got you beat by 5 years Crunk... 53 in July! :p

Welcome to the new brewer!

Back