Barrels

chub1

Trial Member
Reaction score
Just had a sneak taste of a black extract IPA that i barreled 5 days ago. It's a small two gallon barrel as i only do small batches.Never used one before,always bottled.
Wow,already carbed and really smooth,i'm getting another one:D

Heck...I snuck so many samples that by the time the beer was carbed (10 day carbonation of set it and forget it) it was half gone! :)

(Raises hand to indicate guilt).

I sneak tastes, too. I have an Imperial Stout in secondary now, with chunks of rum-soaked oak floating in it. I sneak a shot-glass sized taste every few days, just to see how it is progressing.

(Raises hand to indicate guilt).

I sneak tastes, too. I have an Imperial Stout in secondary now, with chunks of rum-soaked oak floating in it. I sneak a shot-glass sized taste every few days, just to see how it is progressing.

Then you are fine... that's quality control, not selfish thievery!

Just had a sneak taste of a black extract IPA that i barreled 5 days ago. It's a small two gallon barrel as i only do small batches.Never used one before,always bottled.
Wow,already carbed and really smooth,i'm getting another one:D

What sort of barrel are we talking about here?

What sort of barrel are we talking about here?
It's a plastic 9/10 litre one.Never used one before and am really happy with it.I understand they can be problematical at times however,ie loosing pressure due to leaks.
The beer out of it is so different from bottled.

The trick is to make large enough batches that you have enough left after "sampling " that you have enough left to share! Lol

I was checking these barrels out on the weekend on YouTube they are pressurised fermentation vessels too eh you can carbonate and cold crash and serve all out of the one vessel eh? Nifty I think. You may need a spunding valve though to save explosions lol:D

Back