Redneck Apple Cider

MrBIP

Premium Member
Reaction score
Soooooooo.....
To have something to do during the boil this weekend, I grabbed some champagne yeast and put it in unsweetened apple juice with cane sugar added. The way I ended up, OG is 1.010. Total hillbilly/redneck, I know, but it seemed like a fun idea...

Anyway, question is this: come time to put this in bottles, I think I'd go ahead and carbinate and make it "sparkling"; will the same calculator used for beer work for this as well?

I'll have about 2 gallons, 2.5 volumes CO2 at 68 says I would use 1.8 oz corn sugar.

Yep. The beer priming calculator works for cider. Your carbing plan looks spot on.

As a native Kentuckian who has seen "wine" made the same way, hat tip, y'all.... Might make you go blind but you'll enjoy the ride!

You know you're a Southerner when you know the difference between the verbs "fixin'" and "aimin" to do something.

Nosybear said:
You know you're a Southerner when you know the difference between the verbs "fixin'" and "aimin" to do something.

Huh, what is the difference?? :lol:

LarryBrewer said:
Nosybear said:

Huh, what is the difference?? :lol:

dito.

When Momma's fixin' t' whup yer butt, run. When she's aimin' to, it ain't so sure.

Back