iPhone App Update Available now

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
As promised earlier in the week, we’ve released a new version of our iPhone app. Here are the main three to check out:

BJCP 2015 Styles – Yes; we’re finally catching up to 2015! :) The addition of the new BJCP styles has been long overdue in the app. As we did on BrewersFriend.com, we’ve kept the 2008 guidelines available, but by default new recipes will use the new 2015 styles. Now when you sync recipes between the app and the online version you can rest assured the style will come over correctly.

New Fermentables, Hops, and Yeasts – We’ve updated the app with the latest information and ingredients from our database, giving you more options in your mobile brewing and again ensuring your recipes sync correctly.

Misc. Visual Fixes – There were a handful of annoying user interface bugs in the old version of the app, including scrolling issues where entry fields were hidden, buttons disappeared, etc. We worked through a number of these to make the app more stable and usable.

It’s been quite a while since we last updated our app, but we’re committed to making these updates more frequently going forward. Quite a few feature requests, bugs, and improvements have stacked up on our wish list since we last updated, so we have a long list to catch up on. Please stay tuned if you’re still having other issues or your feature hasn’t been added yet and we’ll be working hard to get through all of them. Thanks to everyone who’s submitted feedback and for your patience as we update. If you have additional feedback or bugs to report, feel free to use the links within the app to connect with us.

Or feel free to reach out to me here on the forum, or via email at mail@brewersfriend.com. We take your comments, both positive and critical, very seriously and listen to all requests. I use the software myself in my brewing and we are always looking for ways to make the app and the web version as user friendly and accurate as possible.

Cheers!

Soooo, when's the android app being updated? :D

But seriously, appreciate all the feedback and work you guys and gal(s) do. Definitely seen an uptick of support help and upgrade work in the past 6 months or so

Using the new version of your app 1.9.7, if I open any existing recipe and select General, and click in the Style box, the app crashes. I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus with 10.2.1.

Using the new version of your app 1.9.7, if I open any existing recipe and select General, and click in the Style box, the app crashes. I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus with 10.2.1.
I am getting this same issue. iPhone 5, 10.2.1 software, 1.9.7 app version. There's no issue accessing the new style via a new recipe, only my existing recipes. Thanks!

That didn't happen with my iPhone 5, but I reported these issues to the developer and I will let you know ASAP!

The update fixing the above issue is now available in the app store.

Please let me know of any further problems or issues.

Thanks!

As promised earlier in the week, we’ve released a new version of our iPhone app. Here are the main three to check out:

BJCP 2015 Styles – Yes; we’re finally catching up to 2015! :) The addition of the new BJCP styles has been long overdue in the app. As we did on BrewersFriend.com, we’ve kept the 2008 guidelines available, but by default new recipes will use the new 2015 styles. Now when you sync recipes between the app and the online version you can rest assured the style will come over correctly.

New Fermentables, Hops, and Yeasts – We’ve updated the app with the latest information and ingredients from our database, giving you more options in your mobile brewing and again ensuring your recipes sync correctly.

Misc. Visual Fixes – There were a handful of annoying user interface bugs in the old version of the app, including scrolling issues where entry fields were hidden, buttons disappeared, etc. We worked through a number of these to make the app more stable and usable.

It’s been quite a while since we last updated our app, but we’re committed to making these updates more frequently going forward. Quite a few feature requests, bugs, and improvements have stacked up on our wish list since we last updated, so we have a long list to catch up on. Please stay tuned if you’re still having other issues or your feature hasn’t been added yet and we’ll be working hard to get through all of them. Thanks to everyone who’s submitted feedback and for your patience as we update. If you have additional feedback or bugs to report, feel free to use the links within the app to connect with us.

Or feel free to reach out to me here on the forum, or via email at mail@brewersfriend.com. We take your comments, both positive and critical, very seriously and listen to all requests. I use the software myself in my brewing and we are always looking for ways to make the app and the web version as user friendly and accurate as possible.

Cheers!
Hi, how do I know that I have the latest Updated app?

Back