Hi from Surrey Uk

chub1

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi
i am from Surrey Uk.Been brewing for about 2 years now. Started on kits then extract now BIAB and also some extract brews. Mostly all 5/10 litre batches as i don't want massive amounts of the same beer hanging around,i like to try many different styles.
At present i have four on the go_One extract black IPA,one Dana IPA(along the lines of Brew Dog),one double stout and one partygyled from the double stout.Never tried it so remains to be seen how it turns out!!!!!!!!:eek::D

Thanks all for the welcome. i see that members are spread far and wide:cool:

Welcome to the forum Chub1,

I am a small batch all grain BIAB brewer. I am currently working my way through British Real Ales by Graham Wheeler. Do you have a favorite ESB or Dark Mild that you would recommend?

Welcome to the forum Chub1,

I am a small batch all grain BIAB brewer. I am currently working my way through British Real Ales by Graham Wheeler. Do you have a favorite ESB or Dark Mild that you would recommend?
Hiya
i do like mild ale,but the lighter ones,not so keen on dark milds.I do like 'banks's ' Mild, a wolverhampton brewery.It's very light with a nice light hop taste and only around 3.4% or thereabouts.Clone recipies exist for it. If i were in a pub with not too much choice i would opt for a Fullers ESB. There is /are a few clone recipies for that one knocking around on the internet as well.I do like 'Youngs' beers, a brewery that used to be local to me.Not exactly an ESB but they do a 'special' bitter which is pretty good,i have a clone recipie for that one. I probably have one or two dark Mild recipies kicking around as well should you be interested,they will be clones of the real thing.Just let me know if any good to you:cool:

Last edited:

Back