New Member from New Braunfels, TX

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I joined Brewer's Friend last week and have entered only the batches I have in progress and recipes I plan to brew soon. My husband (Cary) and I started brewing extract kits in April 2016, and have brewed 16 batches so far. I belong to AHA and am part of a local home brewing club. We keg and bottle our beer, and have recently invested in a bottle gun. Hope to learn from interacting with fellow members. My favorite style of beer is saisons!

Gday and a warm welcome . You'll find plenty of enthusiastic Brewers here always ready to try and figure out your brewing delamas

Thank you! Still doing extract and trying to build up the equipment more before jumping into all grain. Latest equipment/gadget I've bought is a hop basket. Was using a stainless steel mesh strainer to try to reduce the hop matter from going into the primary, but decided maybe a hop basket would do the job better.

Either that or let it sort itself out in the fermentor :p I'm not much one to keep the trub back but do what makes you happy and what feels right.

Welcome from San Marcos!

Back