What are you drinking right now?

I got an early taste at my Quad tonight, whooooaa, I think I knocked it out of the park. Big, Belgiany, boozy, brown. delicious. I need to give myself some credit. I'm upset though now I know how good it is. How long do you think I can keep it in the cellar? My plan was to bottle for 12 months, at least.

Westmalle Tripel - considering doing a trappistbier in the near future and am doing research...yeah, that's it :) Happy b-day OMB.
just recommending, check out Candi Syrup's website, they have a ton of good Trappist clone recipes involving their Candi syrup. I used it for my quad and was super satisfied. Here's the whole list: http://www.candisyrup.com/recipes.html .. I know they have the Westmalle beers on there.

I got an early taste at my Quad tonight, whooooaa, I think I knocked it out of the park. Big, Belgiany, boozy, brown. delicious. I need to give myself some credit. I'm upset though now I know how good it is. How long do you think I can keep it in the cellar? My plan was to bottle for 12 months, at least.

Stash it where you won't see it. I have a large crawl space (5ft) so I put them under there and just have a list I can druell over in brewery!

just recommending, check out Candi Syrup's website, they have a ton of good Trappist clone recipes involving their Candi syrup. I used it for my quad and was super satisfied. Here's the whole list: http://www.candisyrup.com/recipes.html .. I know they have the Westmalle beers on there.
I checked out the website - looks great. I set it as a favorite and will reference it as I go. Thanks, oliver

Drinking my Pilsner not as clean as I wanted but it will clear up with some time if I can wait that long. It's definitely nice a crisp with some good bitterness with some spice I'm sure from them sazz hops cheers all!

I took that photo just on sunset here after a stinker of a day it makes it,look like a glass golden goodness very refreshing.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    422.7 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Trying to Defroast you northern hemisphere people out a bit with my pics of summery back yard brews.
This ones my lightly roasted pils malt I did a while back I added Carahell to the grain bill on top not as clear as my Pilsner I didn't Finn the keg maybe a lesson learned in that. Cheers!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 117
Could use some thawing out, its 1degree Fahrenheit this morning.:mad:
Will cool down about 5 degrees more by daybreak.

I have a nice roasty and warming stout sitting there ....nearly 12 months in bottle so far but I'll save that for our winter when it makes the news if we get 5 flakes of snow

Trying to Defroast you northern hemisphere people out a bit with my pics of summery back yard brews.
This ones my lightly roasted pils malt I did a while back I added Carahell to the grain bill on top not as clear as my Pilsner I didn't Finn the keg maybe a lesson learned in that. Cheers!
We don't need no stinking thawing out! Snow's for playing, at least here in Colorado!

We don't need no stinking thawing out! Snow's for playing, at least here in Colorado!
Easy now Nosey no offence intended there big fella was just sharing a pic of me beer mate you enjoy the snow and I'll enjoy getting burnt to a crisp here lol:p.

Easy now Nosey no offence intended there big fella was just sharing a pic of me beer mate you enjoy the snow and I'll enjoy getting burnt to a crisp here lol:p.
Not a problem. To each their own. I'll enjoy it immensely, starting tomorrow.

I wouldn't know what snow looked like except from pictures I see on net and TV one day I'll go to NZ and check it out I wouldn't know what to do with myself in it:).

Trialben, it has been close to 80F here in Texas, though today will not rise above 60F. We have had only 4-5 days below freezing since November.

I would kill for some Winter.

I spent several weeks diving in Queensland in August half a lifetime ago. Your "Winter" did not seem too different from a Texas Summer.

This morning was 6 degrees F with 15mph wind and snowing. I like snow but really?

We're in Leadville, Colorado. It's balmy 29 degrees at Copper Mountain, warm for this time of year. They've had 130 inches of snow in January, my kind of weather! I'll be sliding down the hill several times today. Sweet!

Not to continue the derailment of the the thread, but...
I grew up in the NE US where winter is winter (snow, cold, etc, etc), but not too bad, so I grew enjoying what winter had to offer (skiing, skating, sledding, ice fishing, and so on)...
...then I spent 3.5 months in Winter Park, CO in the dead of winter...and left never wanting to see snow again! The skiing was amazing, but after that long of up to my eyeballs in snow, I'd had enough.
"Winter" in Christchuch, NZ for the 4 years I was there, on the other hand, was just about perfect for me. I could rock climb right through the winter, it almost never snowed, and if I really wanted to ski, I just had to head an hour inland. :D

Back