New at it! From MO

BudMan

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Looking forward to new ideas and better brewing process. Just started last year with Mr Beer and have made about 4 batches. All I can say the stuff has been drinkable, but that's about it.
Just did my moved up to the next step with a pale ale, from a Brewer's best kit. And while the process was fairly easy, my results were not what they were suppose to be. I just did a gallon. My o.g. was suppose to come in at 1.051-1.055, mine was 1.046. Did a primary and secondary fermentation. S.G. came in at 1.010. Which according to the calculator, alc. is 4.7%, which I guess is ok. The smell was decent, but the taste wasn't as sweet as people say its suppose to be. Anyway, I bottled up about 7 or 8 12oz bottles and they are conditioning. I'll probably let them sit for about 2-3 weeks.

Looking forward to learning more!

welcome to the site, all I can say its just like life, you learn by making mistakes and figuring out how not too again, good luck with your brews

I used Brewer's Best kits for years. That's a good product. Hang in there, you'll get it.

Welcome.

Brewing is doing, and then re-doing

Other than weighing ingredients and temperatures, im not much for measuring or being super accurate. Its usually close enough for government work as they say

Good luck mr bud man with your brewing pursuits like everything in life practice makes perfect :).

Welcome:
The search for the perfect brew is everyone's persuit here I think, all here are very willing to help.
I always say the only bad question is the one you don't ask.
Cheers and happy brewing

Back