Set fermentables by %

troyh

Trial Member
Reaction score
I prefer to enter recipes by % of each fermentable, not by weight. So I'd like to be able to fix the OG and batch size and enter fermentables by percentage. Right now, I have to go back and forth through each fermentable adjusting the weight until the percentages and OG come out right. It works, but it's painful and time-consuming.

I like this too.

What I do is to add the percent numbers for the fermentables as kg. This means I end up with a 100 kg grist. I then adjust the boil volume to get to the desired OG and then scale the recipe to my actual boil volume.

It would be nice if this was native support for entering fermentables as % of grist or total additions.

Kai

Yeah I could use it too, was building a Pliney Clone over the weekend and it would have helped.

Reminder / cross reference: this also ties into another request about entering the IBUs, and having the system calculate the weights.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24

Kaiser said:
I like this too.

What I do is to add the percent numbers for the fermentables as kg. This means I end up with a 100 kg grist. I then adjust the boil volume to get to the desired OG and then scale the recipe to my actual boil volume.

It would be nice if this was native support for entering fermentables as % of grist or total additions.

Kai

Clever!

+1, this is how I design my beers too, it would be great to have it built in.

Back