Hi, New to Brewer's Friend

Spanky's Brew House

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Carleton Kennedy and I have been home brewing now for about 4 years. I have about 23 brews under my belt which only 2 needed to be thrown out. I started out with one of those brew in a box kits from Bed, Bath, and Beyond that I had gotten as a gift for Christmas. Once I got a taste I jumped straight into all grain brewing out of an igloo cooler that I had converted into a mash tun. I remember my first brew was from Midwest Homebrew Supply it was a Belgian Trappists ale, which turned out not as bad now that I think about it. I remember that I was freaking out about the yeast. I thought it wasn't any good since I had never dealt with liquid yeast and only been familiar on how fast dry yeast started actively fermentation. Since then I wanted to become better and more knowledgeable about craft beer and how to prefect MY beer. Hopefully this community of brewers will help me reach my dream.

Welcome, Spanky's! I'm an Igloo all grain brewer, too.

It's a great community here (I just joined a couple of months ago) and you'll certainly get lots of help. I imagine with your experience you'll be able to give some help too.

RDWHAHB!

Welcome!

Side note, there's a tattoo artist near me whose name is spanky, any relation?

Merry Christmas sparky I hope you've got plenty brewed for Christmas.

Welcome, I have been here a couple of months also
Great group here helping me through my newbie growing pains

Back