Home made pizza

Ozarks Mountain Brewery

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
I love to make pizza, it was my first job decades ago and have perfected it since with home made dough and sauce, show me your pizza skills
WP_20160808_006.jpg

Last edited:
had it last night, I typically make a 4 hour crust, I raise it twice once in the bowl and then on the pan and i make an 18" pie so it feeds 4 usually. ive found the more olive oil I use the more flexible the crust is, I like to fold mine in half New York style but I have yet to save any I just start it in the morning and eat that night works fine

Homemade pizza and homemade beer is a winning combination!

My sourdough crust is at least a 24-hour endeavor. 12 hours to bulk ferment the dough, another 8 or so to proof, all retarded in the refrigerator to form the flavors.... But put that under homemade sauce and mozzarella.... Yum! Now if I could just get my oven hotter than 500 degrees....

Now if you want to understand yeast better sourdough is your perfect subject it is almost like a woman you have to treat it gently and some days you never know what mood it's gunna be in ahh its beautiful :p

I'm currently using wheat flour, its not a big thing, I also have used high gluten bread flour and regular white flour, I some time mix 2 but my sourdough just doesn't have the right texture for some reason, last one came out like a soft pretzel

I'm currently using wheat flour, its not a big thing, I also have used high gluten bread flour and regular white flour, I some time mix 2 but my sourdough just doesn't have the right texture for some reason, last one came out like a soft pretzel
That doesn't sound too bad though, just different than what was expected.
And nice looking pie btw, I see your skills haven't diminished with the years

dammit ...now i must have pizza to go with my beer !
we don't get the NY style foldable crust here , one of our large chains melts cheap cheese into the crust and IMHO it's the worst part of an otherwise crap pizza

digiorno.....;) no i Made the crust last night but this morning it was too sticky, had to add a bunch of flour and I can taste it , not bad otherwise

Last edited:
That's an 18" with 1 pound of cheese, bacon, pepperoni, red peppers, onion's, mushrooms black olives, I can only eat 3 and I'm stuffed

Last edited:
That's an 18" with 1 pound of cheese, bacon, pepperoni, red peppers, onion's, mushrooms black olives, I can only eat 3 and I'm stuffed
Hmm, let's see. I can make the crust, cheese and sauce myself. I can grow the veggies. Now to just get a pig farm for the bacon and pepperoni...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well here is my pick of my home made pizza im calling it sandiego super Pizza:p. Yep I saved some wlp090 yeast from a brew. Now here is a lesson learned for me don't use cleaned yeast to raise ya pizza dough it does the job alright but I tell ya this crust is a little too bitter to be on the moorish side of things:oops:. Ha ha yep the missus said its a bit bitter I guess some hops made it into me pizza ha ha so she scraped off the topping from the last one. It's edible but to everyone thinking of saving some yeast and baking a pizza with some DONT DO IT! Unless you like that tangy bitter flavour go all out:D.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    604.8 KB · Views: 323
its pepperoni time, found a deal in the chest fridge section at my store, 2 pounds of Vermont pepperoni for $3.99
WP_20151008_001.jpg

nobody else makes home made pizza? I'm eating a new York style pepperoni, love this crust, thin foldable but still done, golden brown on the bottom, nothing burnt this time. Timing is everything with pizza. funny thing is I cant tell you the recipe I have a Cuisinart mixer and it changes every time because i add as I go along until the moisture is right

My sourdough crust is at least a 24-hour endeavor. 12 hours to bulk ferment the dough, another 8 or so to proof, all retarded in the refrigerator to form the flavors.... But put that under homemade sauce and mozzarella.... Yum! Now if I could just get my oven hotter than 500 degrees....

had to get a new stove last month and the darn thing heats up to 550 and its the cheap one, Im surprised...I have a new thick aluminum pan that doesn't heat up very fast so its on the bottom rack at 550 for me and i even have to open the door for 10 minutes just to heat up the pan but all in all its a perfect pizza when done, Ive been cooking one at least 3 times a month now

Home made sauce from garden tomatoes, new thin and crispy crust recipe so i can pile it high with toppings and a new pizza screen to brown the bottom faster

this makes one thin crust 17" pizza

1 cup bread flour, 1 cup Somalian flour, one cup white flour, 1/4 cup barley flour, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon garlic salt. 1 1/2 cups hot water, 1 tablespoon bread yeast, 1 tablespoon olive oil
mix with dough hook till solid, fold in half with oil on your hands until dough is smooth, Somalian flour takes a while. add to bowl cover with plastic and set in a warm place for 4 hours, after stretching dough out place on screen or pan cover in warm place and let rise for at least a hour, prick with fork all over then add your sauce

sauce: use home grown tomatoes not store bought, blanch and peal 4 or 5 large tomatoes, mash with potato masher, add spices, I have a big jar of pizza seasoning by King Arther, love the stuff, I use 2 teaspoons but I would use 1 then taste after simmering for an hour, add 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt cook until it doesn't pour off your spoon without clumping and its done

WP_20161022_005.jpg
WP_20161022_006.jpg
WP_20161022_007.jpg

I over cook mine I know, I like it that way, partly burned it also good

Last edited:

Back