Hello out of Ireland

Cian

Trial Member
Reaction score
Don't really know just thought I'd introduce myself to the community.

Welcome!
What type of brewing are you doing / interested in?

Mainly all grain brewing and im brewing a friends irish red ale recipe in a few days. What about you?

also all-grain. would like to try BIAB, but don't have the space. :-(
Pretty much stick to IPAs with german ingredients (malts and particularly hops), though I am considering at some point trying a lager / pilsner.

What all grain method takes less space than BIAB?

jeffpn said:
What all grain method takes less space than BIAB?
technically...none.
My present setup of mashing / sparging in a canning pot and boiling in a similar sized pot on the stove allows me to at least split up the full volume into somewhat smaller portions, not to mention not needing an apparatus for lifting a bag.

You won't need a hoist for a 5 gallon batch. Maybe for an Imperial, but probably not. I've not needed one yet. 16 lbs is about my record I think.

Re: Hello out of Ireland

Read postby sbaclimber » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:45 pm
also all-grain. would like to try BIAB, but don't have the space. :-(
Pretty much stick to IPAs with german ingredients (malts and particularly hops), though I am considering at some point trying a lager / pilsner.

I just got the grains for an american lager and will be brewing it after the Irish Red Ale because I have 4 Fermentors but I will tell you how it goes.

Hi from southeastern North Carolina, USA. I've been to the island twice and love it! I love Irish stouts and your wonderful people....not usually in that order though :)

Back