Bugs & features

Frits

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have to say, really love your website and the iphone app as well. Just got the paid version of your app and synched it to my web profile. Noticed a few things though in the iphone app, that I hope you could have a look at.

Bugs:
- When viewing a recipe, the gravity, bitterness and color are no longer picked up for the style that I have selected for the beer. The recipe therefore says that it does not match the style of the beer.

Feature requests:
- Sort brewing sessions based on date, with the latest brewing session at the top
- The recipes are showing all of my snapshot recipes as well. This makes it quite confusing because it's hard to tell which recipe belongs to which brew session. The snapshot recipes should either not be there or the date should be shown.
- When adding a log to a brew session, it would be best to synch that change automatically to the web account when saving or going back. This will save the manual synch for every log.
- Brewing calendar that shows the dates that different batches need to be moved to second fermentation, bottled, etc. Or is there another reminder type of functionality that I have missed?

Keep up the good work!!

And one last question...what is the date for the new update? Noticed a few other forum members asking about that as well.

Found another bug that has something to do with the predicted ABV for a recipe. When using the Fermentis / Safale - Safbrew - Wheat Beer Yeast WB-06, the desktop version is giving me a 86% average attenuation and the app is giving me 72% attenuation. This causes the same recipe to have an ABV of 5.13% and 4.32%. I would guess the desktop version is most up to date, but just wanted to let you know.

I very much second the request to sort brew sessions by brew date.

It appears that the current sort is update date, which really doesn't help much.

Thanks!

Frits said:
Found another bug that has something to do with the predicted ABV for a recipe. When using the Fermentis / Safale - Safbrew - Wheat Beer Yeast WB-06, the desktop version is giving me a 86% average attenuation and the app is giving me 72% attenuation. This causes the same recipe to have an ABV of 5.13% and 4.32%. I would guess the desktop version is most up to date, but just wanted to let you know.

Spent an hour trying to figure out why my recipe FG had changed when I realized this bug. I had used Fermentis/Safale US-05 on the site on a recipe a couple months ago. Then I started looking at it on my app yesterday and realized the FG had gone up. I noticed ALL Fermentis/Safale yeasts in the app show an attenuation of 72%.

Just spent time trying to figure out why the ABV difference between the app and website when I came across this. Is there a fix planned for this issue?

Hi guys, I'm really sorry for the issues with the yeast data in the app. I just submitted a new version to the app store for review that contains fully updated ingredient data for fermentables, hops, and yeast. This will fix the fermentability data as well. Hopefully this will be approved and ready for update by tomorrow. Thanks for reporting and for the patience on this!

Frits said:
- The recipes are showing all of my snapshot recipes as well. This makes it quite confusing because it's hard to tell which recipe belongs to which brew session. The snapshot recipes should either not be there or the date should be shown.

Best of all would be the ability to toggle snapshots on (with dates) and off ... pretty please.

Back