I brewed today!

I should post this in the I'm Brewing Right Now thread but I can't find it! Today I'm brewing a Munich Helles. For the first time, I'm using a premium lager yeast. Let's see if it's worth the extra $4. I'll get back to you in 3-4 months.

Yer Jeffpn I'll help a mate out if ya need it! Sounds like some quality/quantity brews, just as long as I'm back on deck for work on Mundy!

Today I'm having a red, white, and brew get together. I'm making batch #2 of my summer ale, with fresh lemon peel because my LHBS didn't have any pre packaged stuff. Taps are open. Stop on by for a pint!

Brewing an English style Pale ale with German hops, malty but hops balance it out perfect, its going to be a long day lol, I have to rack one lite beer into kegs so I can pour this right on top of the yeast cake so cleaning kegs and equipment now while mashing

funny I hit all my number right on, even boil gravity and always do, I see so many people say they don't so its not the software its the settings or the brewer making mistakes

Just put a split batch of kolsch into the fridge, one half fermented with Kolsch (WLP 029) and the other with Hefeweizen (WY 3068). Forgive please the lack of umlauts....

Marzen brew day is in full swing. Pulled first decoction and the rest of the tun mashing away @ 135. if decoction works as planned should bring me up to the 153 sac rest. Put the new immersion chilled fermenter thru the paces last night. In a 89 degree brewhaus [garage] dropped room temp water to 60 in 45 min and held it there.
Lager here we come!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 206
I made my Longboard lager inspired recipe today. My wife says she likes it better than the Longboard we had at a bar on our 25th anniversary trip from which we returned yesterday. This is the second time I've made it, and it will always be in the pipeline somewhere. Goes great with pizza!!

Thanks! Can you believe she's put up with me for so long?!?!

I started my Smoking' Hot Blonde Ale a couple of weeks ago. Going for a light colored, slightly smokey with a seranno pepper finish. Used Equinox and Citra hops. Transferred to the secondary today with the peppers so I'll be checking daily to check progress since I really don't want to over-do the heat!

Tomorrow is a Strong American Ale with Simcoe, Citra, Horizon, and Mosaic hops. Nothing crazy, just going for a drinkable beer!

I just finished chilling my honey amber ale recipe. I'm starting to only brew a few select recipes. They are the ones I'd like always to have on tap. Of course, one or two of them will slide out of the way for my seasonal beers.

I'm brewing my October Beer right now, since Im using an ale yeast its going to be perfect in time for the festival, and I wont lose any space aging hopefully lol

I'm probably going to need to draw up a timetable if I want a particular recipe by a particular date. I can't package until I have an empty keg! I do keep notes including when I did what. Brew, rack, package, etc. hopefully I'll be able to see a trend.

I'm thinking of adding a freezer just for aging beers and no way to drink it lol

Just what I need. Another freezer! My wife would kill me. I'll keep yours at my house if you'll keep mine at your house!!

I think a $130 holiday freezer will do fine, put it out of site somewhere maybe even the back deck next to my brew rig hmmmm, pump right into it

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
I'm brewing my October Beer right now, since Im using an ale yeast its going to be perfect in time for the festival, and I wont lose any space aging hopefully lol
What yeast will you use? I'd like to brew an O-fest right now, but I've brewed myself into a corner and I'm just clearing out fermenter space for a few batches that I have ready and waiting to mash. Probably be 2 weeks before I can even think about brewing another recipe. I definitely won't have time for a true lager.

I have a yeast mixture I like, its Nottingham and US04 mixed, both english yeast and both have good flocculation, the Nottingham tends to keep the 04 from dropping so soon and I get good attenuation, I use gelatin after the cold crash also to clear everything up and look like a lager

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... tober-beer

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
I have a yeast mixture I like, its Nottingham and US04 mixed, both english yeast and both have good flocculation, the Nottingham tends to keep the 04 from dropping so soon and I get good attenuation, I use gelatin after the cold crash also to clear everything up and look like a lager

I figured that O4 would be one that I might try. I find that it attenuates well with a good low-temp mash and rousing a couple of times after the second day. Right now I have a Pale/IPA that I tried with 04. I mashed a little low in anticipation of low attenuation, but pitching on a yeast cake kicked it pretty hard. It's almost too dry and I wish I'd kept a little more residual in the mash profile.
Haven't used Nottingham, but may have to try the mix.

Back