Water chemistry calculations

Brewbush

Premium Member
Reaction score
New user here and so far I really enjoy the program.

When adding a recipe I go to the water chem section and by trial and error and inc/dec the amounts of salts I get all the ions into proper range.

1. I assume there is no automatic calculation that the program does like Beersmith where you have your current water profile and your target and click button "calculate best addition"?

Ok, so I have the amounts to add, save the water calculation.

2 However how do I get this to show up in my recipe or brew session when I click "brew"? Do I have to manually write down 1tsp CACL, etc... and then copy them into the recipe? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

you keep your definite records in you profile .... go to your profile, right top, click on water profiles, add your water record there then it will pull up in any recipe and the water calculator as a starting profile, it will always be there for future use

I have a water profile saved.

In the recipe generator, under water chemistry I click on the link for "Mash chemistry and Brewing water calculator". I do what I explained, get my additions and even save the numbers.

However this never is translated back into the recipe. When I then save the recipe and click on brew it does...
1. No mention of the water additions I just calculated
2. I can click on the water addition tap under the "brew it" session but my original calculations are not there
3. And in the same section under the "water chemistry" tab, 3b source profile says I have none, when in fact I have my water profile saved under profile and it comes up in the recipe generator section.

Yes that would be nice to save it in the recipe but currently that form is only for figuring out what you want, if you take that info and translate it to your profile, then it pulls up in the list

Same goes for my iPad it says it's been pre-loaded but shows no values

Linked from recipe: "A Christmas Carol" Ale
The following values have been pre-loaded based on the recipe and your profile: water requirements, target water profile, and grain bill.

Back