Calculate Grist by Percentage

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hey Austin, any chance we could get a feature by which we can enter the grist percentages, fermentor volume and desired ABV and have the calculator work backward to grist weights? I know it involves quite a few variables....

Nosybear said:
Hey Austin, any chance we could get a feature by which we can enter the grist percentages, fermentor volume and desired ABV and have the calculator work backward to grist weights? I know it involves quite a few variables....

Great idea! Let me see what the guys think.

I created my own spreadsheet just so I can do exactly that... it's a great approach that nobody else seems to implement.

McKnuckle said:
I created my own spreadsheet just so I can do exactly that... it's a great approach that nobody else seems to implement.

you want to share that ?? Id like to mess with it

I also have one. It calculates off of OG, but it does calculate ABV off of OG and yeast attenuation. Let me know if interested.

This would be a very cool feature; meanwhile, I'd love to see those spreadsheets if y'all don't mind!

Ive used brewdaylog spread sheet a couple of times and its very extensive but it doesn't work backwards from a %

Nosybear said:

I know this is an old request... but... I was thinking the very same thing the other day.
Is this something on the radar for development?
Percentages reflect weight and weight reflects percentages. Both fields editable...
So you can add grist by weight or percentages...
Thanks,
Matt...

Back