Advertisements, New themelayout

Josh (Brewer's Friend) said:
Parapunter said:
... on an iPad. Now it's a complete mess.
@Parapunter, could you elaborate on what's not working on iPad? We're working to fix all issues and make it perfect on all devices, but we need your help to tell us what's wrong :D Feel free to e-mail with feedback here: http://www.brewersfriend.com/feedback-welcome/

It's not question of "what's not working". It used to be a carefully designed layout that was a pleasure to use. It presented information compactly and in an aesthetically pleasing way. Now it wastes screen real-estate and wraps text unnecessarily.

A few specific cases are ...

1.png

A. wastes space - the exact same functionality is in the drop down menu.
B. is completely unnecessary and causes the recipe information on the right to wrap where it needn't.

2.png

The ion level boxes can only accomodate 2 digits - which is better than on the desktop when they only display a single digit.

3.png

Wraps for no good reason.

4.png

Over-writes text.

More layout issues

5.png

Also, not a result of the recent changes, but why are all the"UPDATE CALCULATIONS" buttons needed?
Surely you can just update on the event of a field changeing.

the issue is they increased the tile fonts and the size of the form fields which changed the layout for smaller devices, it will all get fixed eventually but good points, thanks

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
the issue is they increased the tile fonts and the size of the form fields which changed the layout for smaller devices, it will all get fixed eventually but good points, thanks

It's not just on small devices. The water profiles and mash chemistry are messed up on my 2560x1440 monitor.

Fixed eventually? The damage was cause by an entirely pointless set of cosmetic changes, and that very little care was put into the testing. So far these are only annoyances - like someone running a key down the side of your nice sports car. I'm worried about what's going to happen once they start tinkering with the engine!

Landscape functionality in the forum is limited on my iPhone. The button to the left of the thread title to jump to the latest post does not work.

The submit button (when making a new post) doesn't work in landscape mode either, if that's where you start. I have to turn the phone upright to get the first button to work. Then it seems to work in landscape mode after that.

I posted this before but not sure if it went through, since the new css layouts have way too much padding on the form inputs it changes the characters shown to the screen, this should have 3 characters wide

Attachments

• img_18 Jun. 05 21.59.jpg
    img_18 Jun. 05 21.59.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 841
Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
I posted this before but not sure if it went through, since the new css layouts have way too much padding on the form inputs it changes the characters shown to the screen, this should have 3 characters wide

Thanks for reporting this - and sorry for not responding on the previous one. We made a few more fixes that should address those input boxes - can you give it another try? Thanks!

Back