Mosaic Hops?

SoundersFC

Trial Member
Reaction score
I am planning on making an IPA using Cascade, Columbus, and Mosaic hops in the next week or so. I have heard some good things about Mosaic hops from a friend. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to utilize the Mosaics. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, George

Sounds like it will be a citrusy creation. The Mosaic is a cross breed between Simcoe & Nugget, therefore it could potentially go either way, boiled or dry. Used as bitter in the boil would be the safe bet. I want some for my freezer :cry: .

Where did you find mosaic hops? I find nothing with internet searching but descriptions.

MrBIP

I sniffed some fresh Mosaic last year and want some. I want to combine them with the Crystal I got in Palisade, CO this year and dry-hop an IPA with it - the two of them together had a nose what was out of this world!

Ever since I chimed in on this, I have been dead set on brewing a Mosaic single hop. Mikkeller makes a single hop Simcoe which is outstanding, so I think a Mosaic will work well too. I ordered some pellets online because I could not find them local. (did you order any Mr.Bip?) I would appreciate any input on the matter. Also, I am a touch reluctant to do a single with pellets, I know that's crazy talk, but that's how I am. One I have a recipe I will post it for review before brewing. Cheers!

I did order some .... 4 ounces, and a bunch of others while I was there.
Not sure what to do with them yet, but know that I want to do a couple of IPAs in February.
Wondering if they'd work with citra and cascade.

Better question: Can anything containing Citra and Cascade NOT work?

i've brewed 2 IPA's this year with Mosaic.

The first was a single hop and I found the hop to be extraordinary. It has aromatics on par with Citra and incredible complexity on it's own. It's kinda tough to describe, but it's very citrusy, tropical and blueberry-ish.

The 2nd IPA was nearly all Mosaic but with a mix of Mosaic/Amarillo in the dry hop. Those 2 work great together.

jammin said:
The first was a single hop and I found the hop to be extraordinary. ....

Care to share? I've got a recipe worked up to do the single hop thing. Mostly extract, with some grains.

Back