What are you drinking right now?

Put down a Guinness clone last night - pretty tasty. And very Guinness-y. Add a bit of lactic acid at bottling to get a similar effect to their use of "stale" beer in the blend....

I mixed the rest of that Dopple Bock with a mediocre lite beer I had saved, nice affect, this is very good

I'm drinking my very first All Grain. A wheat beer with just citra hops (Thank you JMcNamara) and it is beautiful. Drinks like a session beer but its 6.5%. Already able to feel that. One unusual thing but that's for a post on another thread. The beer is good and therefore all things related are good. :D :D :D :D

Nosybear said:
Put down a Guinness clone last night - pretty tasty. And very Guinness-y. Add a bit of lactic acid at bottling to get a similar effect to their use of "stale" beer in the blend....

Being a proud Irish man born and Bred. One of the things I really miss a a really good pint of Guinness from my local. Say what you want but its just not the same here.

McAvinbrew said:
I'm drinking my very first All Grain. A wheat beer with just citra hops (Thank you JMcNamara) and it is beautiful. Drinks like a session beer but its 6.5%. Already able to feel that. One unusual thing but that's for a post on another thread. The beer is good and therefore all things related are good. :D :D :D :D

Haha, very nice. Glad I could be of some help

continuing my german kick, Ayinger Urweisse to start, currently working on Aecht Schlenkerla Eiche, and holy smokes, literally. Haven't ever tried something with smoked malt, but this tastes and smells like i cut down an oak tree and started a campfire with it.

edit: a cigar would be pretty good with this right about now.

Nothing like a Belgian Golden Ale while I watch my son do my yard work!!

jeffpn said:
Nothing like a Belgian Golden Ale while I watch my son do my yard work!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Only makes it all the sweater. That beautiful moment when the kids are old enough to take the chores and you dont have to constantly supervise or worry it'll be done right. It is a beautiful time. And and a nice Belgian to go with it is just a superb Sunday.

use 2 bottles per 5 gallon keg, use filtered water with a campden tablet and carbonate with co2 like normal, if you want it now, buy a 2 liter bottle of cheap carbonated water and put a 1/2 teaspoon of the syrup in it and shake it up and add sugar, 1 4lb bag of sugar to a 5 gallon keg

carbonation is crucial carb it high, since this isn't boiled you will need to mix well with warm water first then rotate by turning the keg upside down every other day or the sugar will just drop to the bottom

jeffpn said:
Do you dedicate a keg to it? I hear that you're supposed to, but all of my kegs had Coke products in them for years.

I've done two root beers - one soda and one a clone of that not your father's root beer. I haven't noticed lingering flavors in my keg from it.

Nothing, not even root beer, will leave flavors behind in stainless steel or glass. It's the plastic and rubber parts that take up the flavor.

That's what I was as thinking. Replacing seals is nothing compared to dedicating a keg to root beer.

I updated the recipe but build to your tastes, mine seemed a little week so I added another bottle, now its pitch black but tastes great

Nosybear said:
Nothing, not even root beer, will leave flavors behind in stainless steel or glass. It's the plastic and rubber parts that take up the flavor.

Thanks for pointing that out. Common sense should tell me that but sometimes I misplace mine.Thanks for finding it for me!
So obviously a dedicated tap line and or quick connect should solve carry over flavor left behind. I did an apple cider and still had the tart cider taste/smell from keg after thorough cleaning and scrubbing. Figured it would be a cider keg only :idea: Better change some seals and re-clean. That lid seal is thick and could hold a lot of flavor along with the poppets.

drink more beer, you draw enough beer through the line and it will eventually change

Drink more beer, he says! You wouldn't be able to send me a prescription, would ya??

Beer is my friend

Attachments

• 23522250710_4b1b5a2819_c.jpg
    23522250710_4b1b5a2819_c.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 460
Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
drink more beer, you draw enough beer through the line and it will eventually change

That's a good plan too. Maybe an IPA with 150 IBU would clean it out!

Back