(DONE) ingredients inventory

scottvin

Trial Member
Reaction score
I sent and email but figured I would post here as well. It would be great if I could keep a list of all beer related stuff in one place including my inventory. Grains and hops are two things for certain but maybe yeast as well.

Thanks!

Re: ingredients inventory

That's a great idea!
I hereby add my vote. :D

Indeed this idea has been on our TODO list since the beginning. We plan on working on it in the near future.

+1 on the inventory idea....also maybe an app that connects online?

This feature is scheduled for our next release!!!

It will go in stages. The first stage will allow you to track inventory.

The following stages, in following releases will include:
* Allow you to deduct ingredients from your inventory when you brew.
* Have ingredients you enter in your inventory flow into the recipe editor drop downs (where applicable).

We are happy to announce the first version of inventory management is live. Look for the My Inventory button under the My Brewing navigation menu at the top, or the link to My Inventory from your brewing dashboard.

Feedback appreciated! Do understand it is a brand new feature so there could be a few small issues with it.

Sweet! Thanks, Larry. It works like a charm.
I just entered all of the ingredients I have in storage......and quickly came to the conclusion that it is time to go shopping again. :lol:

I do have one question though...
What exactly does the "mashed" in the fermentables section mean? ...and if it means what I think it does (e.g. extract kits), why is it selected by default for malt grains?

Attachments

• Inventory.jpg
    Inventory.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,330
Maybe we need to rename that column? We are thinking of it as 'needs to be mashed'. Eg, - 2-row needs to be mashed, but malt extract does not. It sounds like you might be interpreting is as 'already mashed'?

That field comes into play when you add a custom ingredient. We put that in the architecture from the start because eventually your ingredients will flow through to the recipe builder (in the drop down list). That way they will work as expected on that page.

LarryBrewer said:
Maybe we need to rename that column? We are thinking of it as 'needs to be mashed'. Eg, - 2-row needs to be mashed, but malt extract does not. It sounds like you might be interpreting is as 'already mashed'?
Hehe, yup, I took it to mean exactly the opposite of what you meant it to mean. :D
Now that I know what is means, it is no big deal. Not sure what the others think, but I would consider "unmashed" be more of a one-word equivalent to "needs to be mashed" than "mashed", but I may the only one.

I love the new feature.

This could be a bug, when i try an edit something the fermentables menu appears with fermentables ticked. So you have to click away from it to edit the other options. I'm using an ipad, in case that makes a difference.

A potential future addition could be, when adding hops the form auto fills like in the recipie page.

Well done on the inventory functionality, I've already used it to great effect (need to order stuff!)

The only thing I've noticed is that when adding a hop entry, the field doesn't auto-suggest the different hop varieties then retrieve their AA level like the main recipe builder.

We'll work on confirming the iPad issue reported by NewBier, and the hops autofill.

Glad this is coming in handy! Yeah, now I know what is in my freezer too, no more having to dig to figure out what hops are in there.

JAMC said:
The only thing I've noticed is that when adding a hop entry, the field doesn't auto-suggest the different hop varieties then retrieve their AA level like the main recipe builder.

The Inventory section's hops variety field now works just like the one in the recipe editor, in terms of auto complete, and suggesting an AA value.

We have plans to extend what is in the autocomplete to include everything in your current inventory and past recipes so it is more intelligent.

I know this is a completed request but is there anyway to print the inventory list? (other than print screen)

Back