Intertap or Perlick

McAvinbrew

Trial Member
Reaction score
So Im looking at upgrading my beer tower. I currently have a single faucet tower and with 2 kegs usually on the go its getting a bit annoying changing from one to the other when my mood dictates one beer over the other.

So Im wondering what experience people have had with either of these two options. The Perlick faucets essentially doubles the cost of the tower. Is there really such a huge difference over the intertap?

If anyone here has had either of both and can lend an opinion, Im all ears.

the issue is where the valve is and how clean or dirty they get, the forward valve seal design in much better at keeping beer gunk out of the spout, also keeps bugs out and they never stick.
I personally have bought 2 sets of the cheap faucets and wish I had bought 1 set of Perlick, I think there are other companies sprouting up with the same design that are cheaper too

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
the issue is where the valve is and how clean or dirty they get, the forward valve seal design in much better at keeping beer gunk out of the spout, also keeps bugs out and they never stick.
I personally have bought 2 sets of the cheap faucets and wish I had bought 1 set of Perlick, I think there are other companies sprouting up with the same design that are cheaper too

Dont the InterTap taps have a similar forward valve seal design? According to their ads they are supposed to be an improvement over Perlick but then again what else would they say?

I have a Perlick next to 3 Intertaps and quite honestly I prefer the Intertap. They work on the same principal with inner works (Intertap is actually simpler to take apart and clean) and the Intertap tip screws off to change to a stout tap or there is a growler filler that screws into it also. Have never had any trouble with either one of them(used Perlick for several years, 3 Intertaps a few months). I feel you get the same tap basicly but less expensive in the Intertap. Both are well machined and well designed as far as I could tell. Both stand above cheap taps.

McAvinbrew said:
Ozarks Mountain Brew said:

Dont the InterTap taps have a similar forward valve seal design? According to their ads they are supposed to be an improvement over Perlick but then again what else would they say?

I didn't realize that, after research it seems InterTap is just as good and also cheaper

I had a little problem with my intertap the other day.
the beer started coming out foamy for no apparent reason. I removed the spout and the rubber seal had gotten messed up so was interrupting the flow. Just removed the torn up seal and works fine now.

I went from a pair of cheap taps to perlick's and I would never change. As noted above they are easy to clean, never stick and pour with ease.

Back