You know you did it wrong when...

Damn that sucks.

You know you did it wrong when you are transferring beer to the bottling bucket and only one end of the hose is where is it supposed to be! :mad: And of course it was the fermenter end that popped off. And with no hose to drain into, the beer bubbled out of the fermenter spigot, dropped about a meter and splashed into the beer in the bottling bucket. Hopefully it won't oxidize the beer too much. :oops:

Sorry to hear.
But drink it fast and you should be fine ;)

Well it was a couple months ago, I racked my beer to the secondary and then proceeded to connect my spundling valve to the "liquid side" of the fermentor.....needless to say once the pressure reached 7.5 psi...... well after a night of drinking a few beers I arrived home to a pool of beer on my floor...... gotta say that wasn't what I wanted to be doing at 1:30 AM....... oh well hopefully that mistake doesn't happen again.

…while tapping a new keg, after 45 minutes trying to connect the ball-lock liquid disconnect you realize you have the keg posts on the wrong side. What a muttonhead. :mad:
lol, I hear that does help carbonate it faster though. :D

…while tapping a new keg, after 45 minutes trying to connect the ball-lock liquid disconnect you realize you have the keg posts on the wrong side. What a muttonhead. :mad:

upload_2022-8-31_21-3-57.png

When you're at work and you get sent this pic
IMG_20230206_163124_01__01.jpg

Had them replace the stopper and blow off only for it to blow off again by the time I made it home. Then when I replaced the stopper and blow off the pressure almost forced it off again while I was cleaning up. So I duck taped that SOB on tight and will monitor. I'm now 2/2 for blowing my top when using Nottingham. I purposely used a blowoff tube instead of an airlock after my last experience with it. However I overshot on my volume by half a gallon (boiled on stovetop instead of propane burner cause of frigid temps outside) so I have a lot less head room than I normally do

When you're at work and you get sent this pic View attachment 24134
Had them replace the stopper and blow off only for it to blow off again by the time I made it home. Then when I replaced the stopper and blow off the pressure almost forced it off again while I was cleaning up. So I duck taped that SOB on tight and will monitor. I'm now 2/2 for blowing my top when using Nottingham. I purposely used a blowoff tube instead of an airlock after my last experience with it. However I overshot on my volume by half a gallon (boiled on stovetop instead of propane burner cause of frigid temps outside) so I have a lot less head room than I normally do
You could scoop it with a spoon! Good to see you back and brewing Steve :D

Been there, done that, scrubbed down the dining room walls...

It was more of a slow creep and push out of the fermenter than a full-on explosion or geyser.. I had initially wondered if the tube had become blocked by krausen or something but that doesn't appear to be the case. And here I was worried about the temp hampering fermentation. Never doubt the Nottingham

Never had one go that bad. Seen the air lock look cloudy the next day, so i know some stuff got in it. But that's it.

I have about 6" of head space in my conical

It was more of a slow creep and push out of the fermenter than a full-on explosion or geyser.. I had initially wondered if the tube had become blocked by krausen or something but that doesn't appear to be the case. And here I was worried about the temp hampering fermentation. Never doubt the Nottingham
My gusher was with S04, but it was in warm weather. I had no idea about the effects of temperature on fermentation, and I had no idea about the need for headspace in the fermenter. I was trying to maximize batch volume. That was all I was thinking about! I was panicking! I switched to a blow off, which I was not prepared to set up, but I couldn't get the damn thing to stay on, it was to sticky wet for tape. After a few attempts the string did the trick!
IMG_20180818_0828098.jpg
IMG_20180818_1739359.jpg

Back